Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bravo, FHN!

No one deserves to be hounded and harassed because of a stated belief in a Creator.

Like it or not, we are stuck here on this beautiful planet that we call home, and we should treat each other with dignity and respect.

Sheesh!

This is elementary stuff that we learned at our mother's knee.

Can we all just get along?

• minimus
    minimus

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that this thread has existed this long.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You're just suffering from thread-envy, minimus- because this thread is longer than yours.

• minimus
    minimus

Lol, that's a good one. I like it!!

The thread pretty much has the same comments page after page. The guy keeps telling us how we should follow his viewpoint and if you disagree you're labeled a lazy so and so. We know he stands by every word in his OP. We got it!!!!!!' I think this guy just loves himself. He still acts like a Witness, you know what I mean?? Lol

• losingit
    losingit

Omg minimus! Do not encourage him! Can we all agree to let the thread die now? LOL !

• minimus
    minimus

He's too easy. Outlaw is right. he's so full of himself, he doesn't know when he's being played.

• cofty
    cofty

Personally I am happy with all of my contributions to this thread. I am very content with the OP. It would be interesting to go through the contributions by mini, outlaw, vg, talesin, losing and others and note what they each connect with having a JW mindset. I am certain there would be surprises. We know their pet peeves from previous history and those are precisely the things they each describe as JWish.

It is a handy insult that a few of you would not want to live without.

Contrast and compare the shrill attacks and personal insults from mini & co with the calm and factual approach of others.This thread has NOTHING to do with atheist v believer but some want to muster support by making it about that. It is reminiscient of the school playground.

• losingit
    losingit

Dude- - chill. FHN took the high ground here almost the entire thread pointing out in very kind ways what having a JW mindset means and how you at times demonstrate it. She even was so kind as to suggest how other posters should pause and think when pointing that finger and when it's been pointed at you. You refused kindness at every turn. I interjected a few ttimes in short posts what I thought the problem was. You disagreed, I got accused of sayin DON'T EVER DO THAT when that's not what I said. I'm not like FHN in the sense that I don't want to go at length with someone that can be so exasperating. Honestly, I don't understand why you feel the need to be condescending, short, and rude especially when FHN was speaking. The lady is NICE. And you can be, well... too much! Just look in the mirror every once in a while.

• Simon
    Simon

The simple fact is that accusing someone of "being like a JW" is nearly always meant as an insult but usually lacks any really explanation of exactly how or why. It's a throwaway jibe, nothing more.

It's always interesting to see the people who like to stir arguments and throw insults, they are the first to complain when their posting limits are reduced because of it. They don't have the sense to be able to recognize cause and effect.

• Simon
    Simon

Oh, and cofty was correct about the troll ... so I don't understand the accusations of "falling for it" - seems to me like he didn't.

I read some people's comments and all I can think are "what a tiresome person you are". Some people just have nothing sensible to add but it doesn't seem to hold them back from wanting to join in at every opportunity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit