CONGREGATION FLEECING RESULTS?

by The Searcher 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

insidetheKH, still I stand by statement that my parents's KH was asked for money in the amount of 30000 CZK which was confirmed by both my parents and my sibling. As a Czech I probably know more JW there than you who was visting around. I grew up in it when it was still communism and they were illegal. I wonder if your visit was as overseer, so why do you patrolling apostate website? I am sure Z. or S. (last names abbr) would not be happy with it. They got people DFs for much less. I heard the same complains about dwindling donations last year. Both my parents are retired on very small Czech pension, yet my mom puts money into the fund every week. They do not care much about changed flip flopping doctrines and unfullfilled 1975-1989-1994 prophecies, but they feel upset when they are aksed for more money when they struggle to make end needs. I can again talk to them and my very extended family who are 3-4 generations of JWs about this specific case. In all these years, they were NEVER asked for money until last fall. When we build KH in my hometown, we donated money for it. I did EVERY week for several years, and I was looking for a day when it would be done. Today my JW family feels that the requests for money are unjust.

If the WT feels financial needs, they can sell their closed branch office in Prague on Bryksova street if they need money so much. Not to mention all the illegal stuff the elders in Bryskova got involved, from running brothel to money laundering which got couple DFs after Brooklyn visit, but not before until Police of the Czech Republic started the investigation. And this was not only branch property in Prague. They had couple other properties in central and western Bohemia.

BTW, I wonder how is possible for foreigner JW to patrol Czech KHs without prior approval. We had foreigner crazy lady from Australia with Mme Pompadour hairdo who decided to settle in my hometown (if you know her, you will know my hometown) and do field service. Of course, she did not speak local language and elders kept distance from her because she came on her own until she suffered a mental breakdown. The second foreigner visit ever I remember was really charming, super nice guy from Birmingham. I also spent a time with him in Strahov during large assembly there in 1991. When I was traveling all over the world in the 1990's before my departure from KH, I never was welcomed nor talked by local KH members even when I walked into KH. I do not think it had changed, and Czechs are not overly friendly people and I doubt they will share personal information with you. You were either someone from branch or you do not know all the sh.t that goes behind the scene.

• pronomono
    pronomono

I just found out that ours is $560 a month, up from the usual $90 or so that used to be contributed. We still have $15,000 in our bank account, so it doesn't look like there was a one time transfer. We have our CO Visit in a few months, so it will be interesting to see if that changes.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I looked at the accounts report at the meeting. The congregation donated a total of $3310. The amount to the KH, AH fund is $1045. That may be around the amount of the prior mortgage. Still alot. If there are 100 peope in the congregation that is about $33 per person.

The best thing to hurt the org is a recession.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Any updates?

• cappytan
    cappytan

Yeah, our congregation didn't send a lump sum, we are sending monthly stipends - any surplus is staying in our accounts. In fact, every time the account starts getting a little fat where there might be some questions from the CO, we update certain things like the Wifi network, Sound equipment, etc. We send in about $1,100 a month to WT. We still collect around $3,000/month.

We just spent about $2,500 on new Wifi equipment to handle the iDevices like 2 months ago. We also are going to spend around $15,000 on a really nice utility shed with masonry and everything. Of course, all these projects are passed by resolution.

Maybe our elders have a spirit of independence. Or it could be that all this is technically OK even with the new direction from the Branch.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    MONEY, the root of all evil......in brooklyn.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Thursday was a game changer......a proposition of sending nothing occurred. Yes ....the flock is mad.☺
  • freddo
    freddo

@brandnew

Wow! Background to this?

• brandnew
    brandnew
    On an island, people already sending money they dont have, and the elder on the stage ..gave the option. It was classic. You could hear a pin drop, and well ...an old timer raised his hand against sending money, and everyone filed suit.☺
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Shit brand new where did this go down. Will be very interesting to know how this is handled. Perhaps another Menlo Park may be emerging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit