...The WBT$ Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and JW Elders...

by OUTLAW 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

I believe elders in this case are like departmental heads with lots of people eying their jobs. If they don’t comply when the CO visits them they get the chop and somebody much worse will take over.

I don’t envy them, I spoke to an elder and he somehow expressed his doubts in this arrangement and then changed the discussion. No one trusts anyone with anything, what guarantee they have a R&F will not report them to another elder or CO - elder x has doubts and does not like the new arrangement.

After all it all about position in the congregation. Some are totally brainwashed they will not notice and others are afraid to talk and very few will get the chop for raising doubts when the CO will come.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Da Furiouse:If what you say is true the Governing Body has won.

But now i speak as a prophet ( not trying to be dramatic) May 23rd 2015 and i envy ex elder. Envy him because he is happy and he lives with his wife and daughter and free from the watchtower...had he remained inside the watchtower for position,he would have remained helpless, trapped,and i wouldnt have envied him.

Lets not forget the thread is entiltled..." The WBTS Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and (i hope many ex JW Elders)

• stillin
    stillin

I was at the meeting last night. I noticed that, for the first time in a long time, the accounts servant was asked to read off the monthly statement.

There was a shortfall when contributions were balanced against the commitments.

• KateWild
    KateWild

No one trusts anyone with anything,- DF

This is the sad reality of a cult I am afraid. I used to speak up and tell my trusted sisters what I thought of the elders on my JC, well she shopped me in and betrayed me. Sad to say this is what happens. I am glad I spoke up, but you can only do it once then you get Df'd.

I had so much to lose, but I couldn't help myself, I am a speaker upper. I am fighting in court now to see my son, it's a difficult family situation that would have been avoided if I had taken the beatings and shut up and kept it all quiet, but that's not me.

I am so glad I am out, and when I see JWs at their trolleys I can say whatever I like, as I have suffered all the consequences I can suffer. they can't Df me again.

Kate xx

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I suspect that with the Watctower Corpration dishing out of corporate funds for kingdom hall repair or remodel will be almost nonexistant(they don't want to part with the money) and that KH needing or getting request for funds to have expensive repairs will be first on the list to liquidate

I think Frankie is right on this. When a KHall is getting aged and about to need an expensive overhaul, they will suggest it be sold and that the Cong get on the 'waiting list' for a NEW KHall (Yeah!!!) but in the meantime..............meet with the 2 Congs over at this other KHall. The next time the CO comes through he will decide that a new KHall really wasn't needed because the new arrangement is working out so well. With fewer meetings and shorter meetings the THREE Congs are doing just fine together. In fact, since all three Congs are having lower meeting attendance, we can just MERGE them into TWO Congs and make room for another Cong to use this KHall.

There.............isn't that better!

By this time the old KHall will have been sold and the WTS will have gobbled up the cash.

Doc

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Is a scan of the letter available anywhere on our site?

• tiki
    tiki

forgiving notes receivable - a liquid asset - gathering in heaps of cash, the most liquid asset.....excess cash going off shore to tax havens, which is legit.....i smell a rat. i would love to see them audited by a top notch firm - but they fly under that radar not being a public corporation. and all those sheeple are being fleeced and remain clueless. the whole thing seems very fishy. downsizing the printing/publication costs radically, closing branches, reducing CO/DO structural costs...................

and the god of the heavens says all the silver and all the gold is his (isaiah?).....so then why the desire to extort funds from the flock? remember when charles taze russell wrote that if ever they had to charge for the WT they would take it as a sign that they no longer had the lord's blessing? jesus said you received free - give free. not hand over your cash to the cash cow.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Teary Oberon: People also seem to be forgetting that, on the positive side, many congregations will actually get financial relief due to the new arrangements, thanks to Watchtower taking on loan payments and major repair and renovation costs themselves.

Read the letter, TO. Congregations are still obligated to pay ("donate") the same amount as their loan payments...or MORE! Unlike a loan, which has an ending date when it's paid off, the donation arrangement is, in essence, a permanent loan which never goes away.

Incidentally, WT does not 'take on loan payments'. Loans are made to congregations with money that Publishers themselves donated, then donations from the same Publishers re-pay the loans that they themselves funded in the first place. None of it is WT's money.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Incidentally, WT does not 'take on loan payments'. Loans are made to congregations with money that Publishers themselves donated , then donations from the same Publishers re-pay the loans that they themselves funded in the first place. None of it is WT's money-ADCMS

To be clear to anyone reading who doesn't get it...............................

Donate your money and when a cong needs a KH, WT will lend them the money to build one. But the loan will never be paid off, it will be an everlasting debt. If the cong cannot make repayments they don't get the loan or the KH.

WT are loansharks, they don't give money to any congs they just lend. Kate xx

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Let's not forget that up until a few years ago, WT also charged interest on loans.

Think about the absurdity of that ! JWs donate money to WT, WT converts that money into a loan back to the congregation, then JWs pay interest on their own money in order to repay a loan they themselves provided the money for in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit