...The WBT$ Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and JW Elders...

by OUTLAW 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• designs
    designs

Seriously can you name a congregation that voted down the measure. It just doesn't happen in roboland.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I would say that if you do not want to donate the chosen amount, then do not vote for it. But your vote cannot override the vote of the majority, simple as that.

The publishers also have say in this matter in that the new monthly donation resolution will be based on an anonymous survey of family heads. If you do not agree with the new donation arrangement and do not wish to participate, then simply do not vote or put 0, and your share of donations will not count.

100% agree but very few will be making the choice based on knowledge of the full facts. The WTS has deliberately kept instructions away from the R&F to reduce the risk of dissention. It's disingenuous at the very least.

[EDIT]

And just to add, that in most congregations that had a loan from the WTS there was no survey, the loan amount was simply presented as the sum for the resolution. Job done.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Teary, you wrote:

Now on something like a meeting time vote, you will see a lot of split opinions. A few years back, a body of elders in a local congregation put forward a motion to change the meeting time to 7:00 pm from 7:30 pm, and it was actually defeated by about a 60-40 margin.

That's because the elders were offering you a choice between 7:00 and 7:30. This is different. The elders will say, "We propose giving $X. All in favor?" At this point you are either with the elders or against them. The choice is "give $X or don't", which is not really a choice at all; it is a much more sensitive issue than some banal meeting time vote. Who wants to be a "resister" in a situation like that?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, OUTLAW!

If individual publishers wish to donate specifically to support Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide, such donations will be accepted gladly and used wisely by the branch office. From now on, all funding for approved projects will be provided by the branch office from the funds that have been donated by you dear brothers and sisters.

Aren't you reassured and touched by the seven highlighted words?

???????????????

CoCo

• Gayle
    Gayle

GB are singing behind their "curtain," selling their dragon /their 'truth',,,,,http://youtu.be/Ya7mwQYelCQ

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

LisaRose: Money that was donated in the past to a particular fund will now be used for whatever the Watchtower wants

A prime example is WT's recent request for funds to aid the Phillipines after a massive typhoon destroyed the area. While 'promising' to use any donated funds for disaster relief, WT added the qualifier, 'but please don't specify that the money is to go only for disaster relief. We'll use it for whatever we deem fit. Just donate'.

Since WT has no transparency and discloses none of its finances, a JW has no idea where their donations are actually going. Add to this the three 'secret' pages of this BOE letter containing special instructions on how the elders are to mug the congregation, this entire arrangement stinks of a scam.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Teary:

A decision to vote on something can only be regarded as voluntary and binding if the person voting has the entire picture.

The rank and file do not have the entire picture; the information being give them is limited.

Any vote for a resolution, without full disclosure, is dishonest and should be seen as invalid.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has always been a commercialized fraud via religious charlatanism, being that so

the power, money and corruption has had a strong foundation to work off from.

The money situation has now come to the forefront such as placing ATM machines at Assembly halls.

or the new donation arrangement that being enforced to all congregations.

What becomes even more of a Red flag is that the WTS. has never been more richer in its entire history

with hundreds of millions sitting in bank accounts collecting interest.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Any vote for a resolution, without full disclosure, is dishonest and should be seen as invalid.

I had the opportunity to see resolutions for the past 18 months in the area where I am. Without exception every single one of them had only the wording, "We the ____________ congregation of Jehovah's Witneses resolve to__________________. Below that were only two lines. One said, "In favor____," the other said, "Opposed______." Every single one of them had written in the "In favor" blank, "Unanimous." I know for a fact that THAT was not true as I had raised my hand as opposed on every one that entailed spending money that is essentially not there. Also there were no initials of the elders as required. IMO all these resolutions are invalid, that is why I do not give even one red cent any longer.

• Splash
    Splash

Are these resolutions in accord with Charity guidelines?

Are they 'proposed' and 'seconded' ?

I don't know (and can't be bothered to find out) what the correct procedure or wording should be, but I'd be surprised if they are done correctly.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit