...The WBT$ Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and JW Elders...

by OUTLAW 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• twice shy
    twice shy

Pg.3 They must obey even if the direction doesn't seem practical either.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

When voting on this new arrangement 99.99% of the JW's will vote for whatever they are asked. During the 30 years I was in I saw only one person vote against a resolution. They are trained to do whatever the elders and GB tell them to.

Years ago my husband stopped donating money and giving free materials and labor to the building projects. I didn't understand what he knew but he would only throw in a little money for books and magazines and then I would write a check for the DC, CA and SD. It makes me sick the amount of money we gave over that period.

The whole WT$ is just one big criminal organization. With the child abuse, the DFing and shunning of perople, the taking of so much money and then they live high on the hog and all of the false teachings. They are a cult and they just get worse by the day.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This postscript should not be read to the congregation, and this letter should not be posted on the information board.

"True religion in no way practices secretiveness." --W 6/1/97. p.6

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

During my years, the only actual resolutions I saw were uncontroversial and practical. Nobody ever voted against them because there was no reason to.

Now on something like a meeting time vote, you will see a lot of split opinions. A few years back, a body of elders in a local congregation put forward a motion to change the meeting time to 7:00 pm from 7:30 pm, and it was actually defeated by about a 60-40 margin.

I would say that if you do not want to donate the chosen amount, then do not vote for it. But your vote cannot override the vote of the majority, simple as that.

The publishers also have say in this matter in that the new monthly donation resolution will be based on an anonymous survey of family heads. If you do not agree with the new donation arrangement and do not wish to participate, then simply do not vote or put 0, and your share of donations will not count.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Have you ever seen someone vote "no" or even ask a critical question when something is proposed to the congregation?.....Apognophos

...................................................How Will You Vote?...................................

............................I Vote "YES!"..........................Good Choice!..LOL!!..

.......................http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/16109229/3/stock-photo-16109229-businessman-threatened-with-gun.jpg...........

........................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Scott77
    Scott77
    The whole WT$ is just one big criminal organization. With the child abuse, the DFing and shunning of perople, the taking of so much money and then they live high on the hog and all of the false teachings. They are a cult and they just get worse by the day.
    Aunt Fancy

Well said

Scott77

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Whilst going through the throes of waking up over the last couple of years,

I made a deliberate decision to refrain from voting on any of the "resolutions"( meaning I did not raise my hand for yay or nay).

Well the bro's doing the count got to noticing this and I was counselled about it! Bastards!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Posters here are still acting silly. Both the adjusted continuing montly donation and the possible one time special donation have to be approved through congregation resolution, which means a vote. All of these goofballs shouting "theft!" and "illegal use of already committed funds!" don't seem to understand the concept of the same group of people who made the donations in the first place voting as a group to change the allocation of those funds. - Teary

All I can say is.................................................. delluded. Lots of JWs will see it the same way. They just cannot grasp the fact that donations are not given out to congs to build KHs, they don't grasp it's only a loan, and then only given if the cong can prove they can make repayments. completely indoctrinated, so sad.

Kate xx

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

To say that anyone in the congregation has any voice in any decision is laughable. It's like a vote in a dictatorship where only one candidate is allowed to run, a pretence. JWs are well call conditioned to do what the elders tell them to do, elders are conditioned to do what mother tells them to do.

I have attended churches where everyone has an actual say in congregation business. They decide what pastor to ask to lead them, they decide how finances are allocated, they decide when and if they get new facilities or decor. The JW congregations are just puppets, they do what they are told. D on't like it? There's the door, but you will lose all your family and friends if you leave.

Money that was donated in the past to a particular fund will now be used for whatever the Watchtower wants, those who object to it will not be able to do anything about it. Even if someone was brave enough to object they would be out voted by the majority of clueless, obedient, sheep. It's fraud, pure and simple.

Brilliantly played by the Watchtower. They now control everything, the question is, what are they going to do with all that money and control? Would anyone like a refreshing glass of Kool-aid?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Posters here are still acting silly. Both the adjusted continuing montly donation and the possible one time special donation have to be approved through congregation resolution, which means a vote. All of these goofballs shouting "theft!" and "illegal use of already committed funds!" don't seem to understand the concept of the same group of people who made the donations in the first place voting as a group to change the allocation of those funds.

True enough in principle. The question is whether or not those presenting the resolution are presenting the full facts. The question is if those voting are fully briefed about the change and it's implications. You should well know that any resolution presented in matters like this is simply passed. The implications of this change go well beyond a simplistic view that "it's all just money donated to Jehovah" and those making the choice are ignorant of this, and not even willfully so.

Changes like this are always presented as being a choice, controlled by the congregation, but it's inevitably Hobson's Choice with the WTS choice being the only acceptable way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit