...The WBT$ Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and JW Elders...

by OUTLAW 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Old Hippie: on direct question from me yesterday evening to the elders, the whole congregation was told that we will keep everything which we now have and which in future will come in in access of the donation amount.

--

1. Then your BOE either has not read the letter, or

2. they've read it and do not understand it, or

3. They've read and understand it and are defying the GB

-

The letters from WT clearly indicate congregations are to keep only a minimal amount of money in their bank accounts to cover "minor" repairs and monthly expenses. The rest is to be forwarded to WT.

As others on JWN have already reported, their BOE's have voted to clean out their accounts immediately and send it to WT. That is what is expected.

• sir82
    sir82

We were told that whenever we dont meet the monthly amount we just donate less and that we are not obliged to pay the U$1145.

And there's the key.

That might be true for a month or 2.....

But what happens when Brooklyn is expecting $1145 per month, and the amount rendered is $800, then $600, then $400....for month after month after month after month....?

Multiply that by 10,000 US congregations.....

I still think (A) they set up this arrangement planning on its failure, and (B) their real plan is what they will implement when that failure inevitably occurs.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Incidentally, the REAL instructions Re; expectations for the "donation" arrangement, are found on the pages that are NOT to be read to the congregations. WT was very specific that these pages are to be kept secret, for the elders only. That's why when ones like Old Hippie ask about it, they are not going to get a straight answer.

Sir82: But what happens when Brooklyn is expecting $1145 per month, and the amount rendered is $800, then $600, then $400....for month after month after month after month....?

From page 3:

• What should be done if congregation funds are not sufficient to cover resolved donations?

If sufficient funds are not available for all resolved donations in a particular month, additional funds should not be solicited. The elders should determine what amounts from the congregation funds that are available at the end of the month will be applied toward the resolved monthly donation(s) and whether the shortfall should be made up in future months. However, it would be appropriate for the elders to remind the congregation of the resolved monthly commitments. If the congregation can no longer contribute the amount(s) they resolved on a regular basis, the elders may consider the situation at the next annual review of the resolution for Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall construction worldwide.

-

The bottom line: WT is getting their money one way or the other

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

My hope is that the good people I was close to as a Jehovah's Witness will some day recognize that the organization is harmful. Those of us who have "seen behind the curtain" should try to help those who have not. What an individual does in response to this moral calling is up to them. One truth to consider: Doing nothing quarentees that nothing will happen. Can any of us that have experienced the pain, live with ourselves knowing we did nothing?

Another question that is more helpful to ponder, "What can I do to help?"

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, but that just pushes the question back...

Ok, so the cong. consistently comes up with half or less of its "committment". The elders "remind", and for one month it spikes up, then falls back to 1/2 or less.

Next year, they pass around the anonymous slips of paper, and again, people overstate what they will pay.

The following months, same pattern repeats. Amounts received are way below what was pledged, there are reminders, a one month spike, then it drops down again.

I can't shake the feeling the WTS has some sort of ulterior motive, and this will provide the justification for it.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WTS has some sort of ulterior motive, and this will provide the justification for it

Full-on tithing...just like Christendom.

• oppostate
    oppostate

In the congo I frequent everyone seems very glad that the GB has forgiven their remodeling debts, for a project that the congregation didn't really want, for a sum of money that they didn't want to borrow in the first place.

They don't seem to understand that they'll now be contributing that amount or more every month without there being an end to the contributing for a loan that is not there anymore.

However... there's the hope.

The hope that awakened publishers will pledge high numbers of dollars and then wait for the elders to worry about making the totals every month.

If they're so saintly chosen as elders by the CO then let them come up with the money for Momma WT. Let's see how long that game lasts.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

THEOLDHIPPIE - Believe what ADCMS said!!! Either your Elders have not received the follow-up letter, or they are plainly lying to you!!

Whichever one it is, the fact remains - your congregation bank account will be relieved of all funds which EXCEED the G.B. permitted amount, via the proposal forced on the Elders! We are not lying to you, as you will sadly find out imminently!

By your tone, you clearly think such an act is so reprehensible that our Christian brotherhood could never do such a thing!

I'm glad you feel that way, because it IS reprehensible!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this issue had arisen at the time of my fading, when I was looking to prepare the way for a resignation, or removal from the BOE...it would have been a godsend !

As secretary I would likely be the trustee of the local "Kingdom Hall Construction fund. What is the primary duty of the trustee? to ensure that the money is used for the purpose for which it was donated. Therefore, any resolution to send the money to another cause, is beyond the powers of the trustee , or ultra vires... At least that is how I see it.

Refuse to sign the bank transfer form, have them remove me and walk away with my head held high..that sounds good

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

As a serving elder and occasional poster here, I have been watching with growing horror at what is being done. Here in the UK, we haven't had any letters since the original one read out to the congregation and in particular nothing saying we can only retain a certain amount. I suspect that the charity laws here are proving to be a bit of an obstacle (never thought I'd like red tape) but I'm sure the branch are working on it - maybe make it a "suggestion" then enforce it during the co's visit, maybe change the congregations constitutions (could be messy) or maybe water down the instruction in some way. For the record, all my cong has done is to modestly increase its regular donation. No slips handed out. No mention of sending a one off donation.

If (or when) the new arrangement comes in here, I'll put my arguements against it, but ultimately I agree 100% with Outlaw - I'll resign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit