When we die...

by Finallyfree12 156 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxie
    galaxie

Ha ha cofty it's definitely ANTISEPTIC!! There's plenty if choice, what's your tipple?

Best wishes

• pacloc
    pacloc

Spirit is the 3rd person of the Holy Trinity. That is why the Church teaches that the Spirit cannot be annihilated (as JWs teach it can). Spirit is also used metaphorically to mean the motives and passions of someone. That is why you can say that there are evil spirits, because they misuse the gift of the Holy Spirit which is God. So an evil spirit is only evil in the sense that they reject/hate God. Kind of how heat works, there is no such thing as cold, it really is only lack of heat. That is most likely why God compares himself to fire.

And to reject the resurrection is to lie to yourself. God has created the world in a way that is constantly giving signs of "resurrection." If you really do not believe in the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, then you end up worshipping another God whether you admit it or not, that of chance. Almighty Chance is your god. How else do you explain the wicked that are rewarded for their evil and the righteous that are punished for their good? Almighty Chance allowed for that. Or you could believe in the judgment and resurrection that has been taught for thousands of years. People these days don't realize how arrogant we are by throwing away or ancestor's beliefs, we know so much more now.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Even if , let's say you believe in God, the idea of a spirit detached from a body makes little sense. When God created Adam, why would he design him in a way to have a separate spirit from his body? He was supposed to live forever as a physical being; why create a separate spirit?

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that before, I'll have to remember this point.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Spirit is the 3rd person of the Holy Trinity.

So people don't have spirits? God is not a spirit except for the person of the Holy Spirit? Is that the same as a ghost, as in the Holy Ghost?

That's telling me who it is, sort of, but not WHAT it is.

Spirit is also used metaphorically to mean the motives and passions of someone. That is why you can say that there are evil spirits, because they misuse the gift of the Holy Spirit which is God. So an evil spirit is only evil in the sense that they reject/hate God.

So a "spirit", outside of the Holy Spirit, is simply intention? So angels and demons are spirits only in the sense that they do good or bad things? I'm sorry, but this is very different from what other Christians have said and from what the Bible says. It's not very clear and still isn't telling me what spirit is.

And to reject the resurrection is to lie to yourself. God has created the world in a way that is constantly giving signs of "resurrection." If you really do not believe in the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, then you end up worshipping another God whether you admit it or not, that of chance. Almighty Chance is your god.

Please don't presume to know me well enough to tell me what I beleive or don't. Every time someone tries that they miss the mark widely as you have done here.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Adam, spirit leaving body good point. Apologiesl for bumping thread 're whisky hic'

• LV101
    LV101

Chalem - Good to see ya here - I'm going to read thru your recent posts to find the movie you're referring to.

LV

• pacloc
    pacloc

Viviane

I wasn't really talking to anyone in particular with my second statement, I definitely was not trying to say what I thought you believed in. Just trying to defend God's Justice against that of pure chance and despair.

As for your questions about spirits, no angels and demons are creatures like us humans in the sense that they have free will and have been given Divine Spirit. They are often called spirits because of their being invisible to us like the wind(wind and spirit is the same word in ancient language). With free will, we can choose not to do good, which goes against the Spirit. So technically, anything that exists only exists because of God's Spirit in it. This spirit is usally refered to as Love, specifically the Love between the Father and The Son. So yes since God is one, God is Spirit, but for sake of explaining it in our human minds that do not fully grasp God, we call it the 3rd person of the Holy Trinity. You don't want to fall into the mistake of calling the Holy Spirit electricity like the JWs, that is why we call it a person of the Trinity.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I wasn't really talking to anyone in particular with my second statement, I definitely was not trying to say what I thought you believed in.

But you were. I don't believe in God and you presumed to attempt to tell me what I beleived in and worshipped. I was exactly the target of that. Why do you presume you have the knowledge and experience to tell me what I worship, think or believe?

Just trying to defend God's Justice against that of pure chance and despair.

Mistakenly making claims about what others believe when there is absolutely no way you could know that is not a good start. Feel free to start a thread on it!

As for your questions about spirits, no angels and demons are creatures like us humans in the sense that they have free will and have been given Divine Spirit.

But the Bible claims they are spirits. Are you claiming that is just metaphorical? Are they invisible flesh? What are they made of? I ask this because angels, demons, God, Jesus, etc., are traditionally called spirits, non-flesh. If spirit is metaphorical, then what ARE they made of? Also, if the Holy spirit IS spirit, you STILL have yet to tell me what it's made of.

You aren't answering the question, you're just answering it with another mystery.

You don't want to fall into the mistake of calling the Holy Spirit electricity like the JWs, that is why we call it a person of the Trinity.

Your explanation is no better. They are like us, but not, it's emotions and intent except when it's not. You aren't saying, you're just talking in circles without telling what any of these things are.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I don't believe that this life is all there is. I just have to die and find out, I guess.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Why don't you believe that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit