When we die...

by Finallyfree12 156 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Thanks Viviane but I’m not sure you answered me.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I am extremely sure I didn't :)

I don't want to derail this thread and I don't have the time right now to explain wave/particle duality and coordinate probability and coherence and collapse, I wasjust suggesting that if you really are interested, there are some great resources online to look it up :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Seraphim,

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/ Volume III. I'm about a quarter of the way through. When you see a rainbow stain on an oil spill, you are seeing this dual nature of elemental particles, both wave and object natures at the same time.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I’m sure that true but I still think that waves and particles are mutually exclusive in terms of comprehension.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Mind-twisting, no? LOL!

• LV101
    LV101

Stephen - Thanks for taking time to reply to my questions. Next time they're discussing on radio I'll pay close attention. There's a lot of discussion going on about this movie.

I've heard of another account of heaven recently - an athiest acquaintance was telling me about another account on Fox or CNN but I didn't hear myself.

Again/appreciate.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have come to the conclusion that this is the only life we can be sure of. I see no evidence for the supernatural so I am just making the most of now, being the best I can be.

• LV101
    LV101

Stephen - sorry, I'd typed/asked about Todd knowing of the miscarriage of his sister but should have said 'stillborn' - I'd forgotten. I'm pretty sure they mentioned Todd's father is a minister/preacher. If I can find the stations website I will try to find out and let you know.

• LV101
    LV101

I just googled the name Todd and Heaven movie and info came up indicating the boy, Colton, is the son of Pastor Todd Burpo.

• kassad84
    kassad84

He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him .-- LUKE 20:38

http://www.online-literature.com/george-macdonald/unspoken-sermons/12/

"

If the reader of the Gospel supposes that our Lord was here using a verbal argument with the Sadducees, namely, "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; therefore they are," he will be astonished that no Sadducee was found with courage enough to reply: "All that God meant was to introduce himself to Moses as the same God who had aided and protected his fathers while they were alive, saying, I am he that was the God of thy fathers. They found me faithful. Thou, therefore, listen to me, and thou too shalt find me faithful unto the death."

But no such reply suggested itself even to the Sadducees of that day, for their eastern nature could see argument beyond logic. Shall God call himself the God of the dead, of those who were alive once, but whom he either could not or would not keep alive? Is that the Godhood, and its relation to those who worship it? The changeless God of an ever-born and ever-perishing torrent of life; of which each atom cries with burning heart,My God! and straightway passes into the Godless cold! "Trust in me, for I took care of your fathers once upon a time, though they are gone now. Worship and obey me, for I will be good to you for threescore years and ten, or thereabouts; and after that, when you are not, and the world goes on all the same without you, I will call myself your God still." God changes not. Once God he is always God. If he has once said to a man, "I am thy God, and that man has died the death of the Sadducee's creed," then we have a right to say that God is the God of the dead."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit