When we die...

by Finallyfree12 156 Replies latest jw friends

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i think there is something else...i dont know what it is but there is allot we dont know.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The human brain is a master conjurer, there is way more evidence for coincidence delusion, trickery, than REAL evidence of after life.

If you want to believe in afterlife so be it , but lets have EVIDENCE as opposed to wishful thinking.

Exactly, and the key issue is that humans, traditionally have had an incredible hard time accepting that this short period of time of 70 - 80 years in a plannet called Earth is really all there is. It is just a short moment of existence, but nobody wants to accept this. Everybody believes that they are way too important to exist for only a short amount of time. Guess what? The world will go on without you. And in due time, time itself will go on without the world.

If the belief in an after life brings you comfort, then so be it. But if you are purposely not living life to the fullest, expecting to do so in some sort of after life, you are a complete fool, because this will almost certainly not happen.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hey there;... Exactly what is it you don't know?? Exactly you DON'T KNOW.

Why all the fuss. Live your life as best you can.

Best wishes to you

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

While I can't rule out the possibility, I would be very surprised if there was an afterlife.

At one time it was clear to humans that they were the pinnacle of creation. I mean, we have language, art, tools, we wear clothing and stand upright... we must be special, right? Now we can see clearly how we are descended from the "lower" animals, and we also know more about these so-called "lower" animals. Some can use simple language, some use tools, art is basically so many peacock feathers, and we stand upright for various practical reasons, particularly freeing up our hands for tool use. Many intelligent animals have emotional attachments to each other and individual personalities. Do they get afterlives too?

We can also see how there is a spectrum of living things, ranging in complexity from animals down through simple animals, plants, and single-celled life, and then getting into a gray area between "life" and non-life, like viruses, replicons, prions, etc. At the bottom end of the spectrum you simply have propagating chemical processes. So considering how we fit neatly into this spectrum, I find it hard to believe that there is something immaterial linked to humans. We are bipedal mammals who are good at altering their environment, that's it.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

To say that something happens is as extreme to say that nothing happens, therefore, I think the proper answer is: I dont know and no one else does either.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Yes Apog; Lets sum it up.We are alive we'll live till we die nothing surer, why fuss ourselves over convoluted NON ...SENSE.

There is plenty of evidential beauty and wonderment in the world to keep us occupied.

If we have love for our nearest and dearest and fellow man and strive to those ends, the end of our existence (barring unforseen circumstance) will hopefully be the conclusion of a fulfilled life.

Best wishes.

• talesin
    talesin

galaxie

• suavojr
    suavojr

We have to die to find out

• Seraphim23
  • cofty
    cofty

The clue is in the title - "Famous Cardiac Surgeon's Stories...".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit