When we die...

by Finallyfree12 156 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

This was the most upsetting realisation for me when I learned TTATT......that I would not see my mother and other loved ones in paradise on earth.

I wanted so hard to believe..........now, I think when we die, we simply cease to exist. That's why I aiming to enjoy living my life NOW. "This is not a dress rehersal" as my mam used to say.

• Perry
    Perry

God is an eternal Spirit and he gave man (who was created in his image) an eternal spirit to enjoy fellowship with him, receive gifts from him and to reciprocate love back to him.

While man cannot will himself to cease to exist, he can determine in this life where he will spend eternity.

I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Death is simply the separation of the body from the soul/spirit. -

And they ridiculed Him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But He put them all outside, took her by the hand and called, saying, “Little girl, arise.” 55 Then her spirit returned, and she arose immediately.

While the body appears sleeping, is unconscious, & "knowing nothing" after death, the soul most certainly is not sleeping at all.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Love your summation, galaxie, and your thoughts and reasonings too, apopgonos ,( excuse me if spelled wrong, am on iPad and is more tricky to post !)

Thanks. You can just call me Apo or Apog :-) I wasn't thinking about other people having to type my name when I came up with it.

• ingimar
    ingimar

There is only one way to find out if there is any form of afterlife and I am in no hurry. I would say to not dwell on it and enjoy this life to the fullest as it is for real.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West

Since learning TTATT, the quote above motivates me to do all the things I had put off when under the JW spell.

• kaik
    kaik

I am not sure on this concept. I only upheld that we know with certianity that we have this life and we should make the best of it and make the best impressiono upon society. This life, our abilities, our perseverance is the only thing we can be sure. Everything afterward is a speculation. My Jewish family and friends are undecided on the subject of afterlife, and Bible is not clear on it either. One side inside me wants me to believe that there is something after the death, other side says it is nonsense.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I believe there is an inner spritiual self that never really ages. Like in my mind, I'm still that young person I've always known no matter how old I become. That spirit self is trapped inside our physical body, which is susceptible to degeneration until finally it just stops and dies, releasing the spirit self, or essence of the self that goes on to other realms to reconnect with source of our essence.

Shana

• Viviane
    Viviane

What is "spirit" made of?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

What is "spirit" made of?

It depends what you start with- but you will need a distillery to get the real thing.

• cofty
    cofty

Bumping this thread to highlight Viviane's question - " What is "spirit" made of? "

Nobody has ever defined spirit except in negative terms.

What is it exactly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit