When we die...

by Finallyfree12 156 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Finallyfree, how do you assess if a particular belief is true?

• Chalam
    Chalam

For those who do not like definitions from the dictionary, here's a perfect one from the bible :)

1 Corinthians 2:11

English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Stephen

• jgnat
  • Viviane
    Viviane

That still isn't saying what spirit is, just that both God and and people have a spirit. But I thought God WAS a spirit? Maybe not? Maybe both? If so, how are they different? Made of different things?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Finallyfree12 "my brother saw that movie and said it was really good. i'll look into this. Thanks"

All good :)

I read the book and if the film does it in any way justice it will be excellent!

Stephen

• cofty
    cofty

Laphroaig tastes like Germolene!

• Viviane
    Viviane

Laphroaig tastes like Germolene!

Shut.

Your.

Mouth.

;)

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

All we know is the here and now...everything else is conjecture. Hope moves us tho believe many things. Faith is a great comforter, but not a reassurance of anything proven.

SOP

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Even if , let's say you believe in God, the idea of a spirit detached from a body makes little sense. When God created Adam, why would he design him in a way to have a separate spirit from his body? He was supposed to live forever as a physical being; why create a separate spirit?

Then when Adam sinned and God punished him with death, where did his spirit go? Hell? for eating a piece of fruit? Does this make sense?

Did his spirit go to heaven instead? Then how was that punishment?

Let's say you believe in evolution. How does this make any sense either? Since we evolved from other species of animals, at what point did we start getting fitted with spirits? By who?

Anyway you cut it, this is makes little sense.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

"This is not a dress rehersal" Thank you for pointing this out Pams girl

For better or for worse, what our life is - is what it is. Coming to this realization was tough bout it helped me understand that I need to do everything I want to do in this life because I don't get a second chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit