When we die...

by Finallyfree12 156 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

You can check out the guy’s credentials if you like. He was who he says he was.

No one can compel belief in anything but I would not censor a professional’s experience and opinion either.

• cofty
    cofty

He is a heart surgeon - how does that give him any credentials on the afterlife?

The plural of anecdote is not data.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

It does but you can’t see why.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Lol the whole world explodes! Lol,good one!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

"DO you beleive our spirit lives on in other dimensions or are we really just dead??"

Does it really matter? After all, you ARE dead. If you are not dead, then you're alive somewhere. Ask HAL he knows....

• SophieG
    SophieG

When I first heard this:

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
    Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

...my brain popped open!

Energy doesnt die it changes. Our physical bodies die. Our energy does not. It just changes. To what? Guess we will have to die to find out! ROFL!

• cofty
    cofty

Our energy does not. It just changes. To what?

Our mitochondria that produce our energy will decay. The proteins and lipids that make up our body will be eaten by other living things to be converted by their mitochondria into glycogen and later into kenetic energy and heat.

If we are cremated our bodies will be rapidy converted into heat energy.

We are temporary. There is no unit of energy that is unique to any individual.

One thing we do know for sure - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin generated a lot more heat than light.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Finallyfree12 there are a huge number of credible testimonies to those who have seen there is more beyond this physical life we have.

Here's just one http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/dp/0849946158

Stephen

• cofty
    cofty

Anecdotes.

Where is the objective evidence?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I love this thread! I love the ideas and thoughts expressed.

Love your summation, galaxie, and your thoughts and reasonings too, apopgonos ,( excuse me if spelled wrong, am on iPad and is more tricky to post !)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit