Took my son (5 yrs) shooting for his first time.

by dazed but not confused 206 Replies latest social relationships

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

You want to know something hint of lime. I have only shot 1 fox in my life. I did it reluctantly, it had rabies. If you have ever observed foxes in the wild ,they are beutifull animals

• designs
    designs

A Tale Of Two Cities, Charles Dickens. It amazes me how our modern cities still reflect the disparity of priviledge and want and the revolutions that spring from this social injustice. People, the protagonists, arm themselves in all manner of ways to protect or to take. Visually a child learns lessons of how they are valued. In San Diego with the K-12 Schools you have crumbling schools in poorer sections and state of the art schools in the wealthy sections. Pot holes versus pristine streets. All in one city.

Let's then cut funding for school lunches to poorer families. Let politicians turn down funding to repair our infrastructure. Let's not think about the consequences.

Voltaire- An Account Of The Death of Chevalier de la Barre.

• designs
    designs

UNICEF has important documents of Child Soldiers. How relatively easy it is for a child to handle an AK-47 which can cost as little as $10.00. Many modern insurrections last decades spanning multiple generations. Children are bred and sold to militants. Violence is a commodity.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Voltaire an interesting man. Funding school lunch programs to poorer famillys is nice. Paying for it is another thing. All I have been talkng about on this thread is responsibility. Young kids that are hungry. Teach them to hunt . Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and eats for life time.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Most of the Canadian aboriganal people that I've met feel the same way.

• designs
    designs

I understand your point on responsibility. I bought my son a pellet pistol when he was young and taught him how to use it. We had a ground squirrel problem, he shot a few, gave the pistol back and never touched it again. Children follow there own inner compass.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

The pic of your 5 year old boy poised with a weapon capable of killing a human with a single trigger squeeze i find disturbing. Why would you want to instruct a child in gun use? You say people who don't shoot don't understand how good it is to squeeze the trigger? That feeling is power. I find it sickening that some people place such ahead of their concern for the risk it poses to their family. If you lived in a war torn country maybe I could understand, but is life really that dangerous you need a gun where you live?! Without the gun being loaded its pretty useless as a defence against a surprise intruder anyhow.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Keep up the good work.

With his new skills, the boy will be qualified to join the Talliban or a Mexican Drug Cartel by the time he is 10.

Great job of parenting.

Rub a Dub

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, shooting is just good fun. A couple of years after I left the KH I bought a Ruger 10/22 and spent my weekends blasting away at targets with my buddy. Shooting is really quite safe... it was just mixing drinking and driving and shooting where I got into trouble! But Australia's gun laws are so restrictive now it's no fun anymore, and I gave up shooting years ago.... which made the neighbours feel a lot safer!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

transhuman said "LOL, shooting is just good fun...But Australia's gun laws are so restrictive now it's no fun anymore, and I gave up shooting years ago..." I say: "And a bloody good thing you had to give it up because Australia got sensible gun control laws!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit