Took my son (5 yrs) shooting for his first time.

by dazed but not confused 206 Replies latest social relationships

• designs
    designs

TD- what do you make of the numbers from that country comparision, some 250,000,000 people and 200+ murders by gun fire and our country with 10,000+. what would you recommend culturally, educationally, and legally (Laws) be done to lower our murders to under 1,000 let's say.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Thats easy educate young people about guns the same way we educate young women about birth control.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

I Know about what I am talking about I have two daughters.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If you lived on a frontier, such as Daniel Boone, did teaching a five year about guns would be noble. The frontier disappeared. No wonder the rest of the world makes fun of us. Davy Crockett? Obscene is a good term. How many Native Americans did he get?

• TD
    TD
    TD- what do you make of the numbers from that country comparision, some 250,000,000 people and 200+ murders by gun fire and our country with 10,000+. what would you recommend culturally, educationally, and legally (Laws) be done to lower our murders to under 1,000 let's say.

A fundamental question here is whether the higher number of gun deaths in the U.S. as compared to other countries is a vertical movement in the total number of deaths or a lateral movement in the manner in which they are comitted. (Or as a third possibility, a vector of some sort.)

Take Russia for example. Private gun ownership is infinitesimal compared to the U.S., yet the murder rate has been almost twice as high for decades.

I am all for stricter requirements for gun ownership (As are many other gun owners) but our voice gets drowned out in the all or nothing rhetoric of the two opposing sides.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Brits- How did you get rid of your guns? Perhaps it is in wiki.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

band on the run . Look at a map of North America. Canada is big part of it. I am not some gun nut. I have lost relatives on both side of the border in previous wars. It wasnt guns that killed them or ideas. It was people

• TD
    TD
    The frontier disappeared.

With deep respect, BOTR, when was the last time you saw a bear or a coyote or a wolf or a mountain lion or a bobcat or even a herd of javelina outside of a zoo?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Good for you education and safety are the key. Looks like fun

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

TD thank you .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit