Took my son (5 yrs) shooting for his first time.

by dazed but not confused 206 Replies latest social relationships

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I went with my neighbor to an outdoor shooting range in the Pawnee National Grasslands in Colorado. It’s about 2 hours northeast of Denver. It was awesome. My son shot my .40 caliber Glock handgun and a .22 rifle. I also shot my neighbor’s bolt action .30-06.

I wasn’t sure how my 5 year old would react with the noise and percussion of shooting. He loved it. I cant wait to go back.

Good friends. Good times. Good Cigar. Great day.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

We killed those 5 gal buckets at the end with the .30-06. When shot, they flew about 5-6 feet into the air and the water went everywhere. Its amazing seeing the force behind a small bullet.

• zebagain
    zebagain

Looks a good set up. Benches. adults and safety applied well done.

I liked "Pack it in-pack it out" on your sign. The range I use frequently has over flowing bins and small litter.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Nice.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You'd think ex-cult members would be more averse to the indoctrination of children.

• Viviane
    Viviane

What does that mean, Nicolau?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Nice pics. I haven't shot a .40 but I would think it would kick pretty hard for a kid. How did that work out? Upon reflection, I realize that I was shooting Dad's handgun at 10 or so and loved it, it's an old revolver that belonged to my grandfather and weighs a ton.

nicolau, those of us who enjoy shooting probably think he is avoiding indocrination.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isn`t a five year old a little young to be handling real guns and bullets ?

smiddy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What is it with American's and their obsession with guns n bullets, as if it's a family hobby.

• bemused
    bemused

Yadda Yadda 2 - I think for many in the US it's exactly that, a hobby. The attitude to guns is probably the single biggest cultural difference between the US and the rest of the westernised world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit