Took my son (5 yrs) shooting for his first time.

by dazed but not confused 206 Replies latest social relationships

• Viviane
    Viviane

The NYPD shoots for me. I pay taxes.

Lack self awareness much, BoTR?

News-flash you can not teach a 5 year old how to "use a gun responsibly" Why?

Of course not, you start to teach them at 5. Sheesh, girl, think before you rant!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Viviane - You idiot - 5 year olds need to be kept away from all

deadly weapons they do not have the mental capacity to reason

on a level necessary for their own safety or the ability to discern

what is dangerous or the eye hand coordination to handle such weapons

safely, they are physiologically and cognitively and developmentally unable

to grasp the concepts or respond appropriately or to act in their own interests

thats why we call them -children. That is why it is against the law to leave

5 year old children unattended in your home, because they are not capable

of taking care of themselves in even common situations.

I won't ask you to think before you rant, Viviane, since you seem

unequipped to the task.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

When my grandfather was 6 years old he drove a team of horses on 9foot 9 bunker. Don't ever underestimate what kids are capable of.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

When I was 7 years old I went into our attic and exstinguished a fire that was surely going to consume our home. Again there is nothing wrong with teaching a little boy or girl about responsible gun ownership.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Nothing wrong here folks. Everything was done responsibly. If you don't like it that's your choice. Nothing to see here. Move along.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When my grandfather was 6 years old he drove a team of horses on 9foot 9 bunker.

Truthseeker ...

And I bet the snow used to be deeper back then and he had to walk miles to school without shoes.

Maybe your grandfather and mine were from the same place.

Rub a Dub

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

My hobby is collecting and shooting airguns. It shares all the same gun safety techniques as regular powder-burner rifles. Some of the rifles designed today can take down big game (big bore pre-charged pneumatics or PCPs, such as Dragon Claw and Sam Yang, both of which are made in Korea. These can be hand-pumped or filled from a scuba tank full of regular air [NOT oxygen! explosion hazard for real] There are other brands now, too). Airguns range from the classic Daisy and Crosman BB/.177cal rifles, all the way up to .45cal, 9mm, and .50cal size ammo.

Two of my .22 caliber air rifles are considered magnum class (20+/FPE at the muzzle), meaning they are not the classic BB rifle type guns. They can take out bigger game that a BB gun should never even be aimed at in the first place.

Shooting can be a sport and a hobby. Does anyone question people who enjoy darts? Or tennis (hand eye cordination)? or baseball? Projectiles are involved and can be quite dangerous under all the wrong conditions in all of those sports, too.

Just my two pennies on it.

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

Rub a dud I don't know what to think of you. This past winter has been a rough one. The snow here has been deeper this year than most. I like most people just want spring.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rub a dud I don't know what to think of you.

Truthseeker ...

I am sure opinions vary here.

I just hope when you close your eyes and think of me that I don't give you that "special" feeling.

Rub a Dub

• Truthseeker677
    Truthseeker677

what do you mean by 'special feeling' ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit