In general, the people on this forum have a poor outlook spiritually speaking.

by Stand for Pure Worship 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Dear Stand for Pure Worship, I admire your faith. My concern is that other faiths in the world are growing faster than the JWs and the idea that growth is evidence of God’s blessings is at odds with the facts on the ground. Also imagining angelic armies doesn’t mean they are actually there, otherwise all faiths could do that but surly they wouldn’t all be true at the same time. Faith needs to be based on more than imagination; otherwise it rightly can be classified as blind faith. If you actually see angelic armies supporting JWs that would be one thing but it would also raise more questions that would need an answer. Why use humans to preach a particular interpretation of a particular holy book when an angelic army would answer all such issues pertaining to credentials and credibility? Do you have a spiritual outlook of sufficient quality to give satisfactory or at least reasonable answers to such questions?

• jhine
    jhine

SFPW , I have never been a member of the Watchtower society. I am a Trinitarian Christian . Some years ago I thought that I was being led towards the Watchtower ., by various circumstances in my life . I had many dicussions with Witnesses and each time felt uneasy after . I have a fairly good knowledge of the Bible and much of what was said did not sit right with me . I looked further into the history of the organisation and found much that was wrong . Failed prophecies , wrong interpretaion and changing of scripture , just to name a few things .

So I am not an ex JW with a grudge about treatment or disappointed by the many failed prophecies . Which by the way I have shown on another thread to be actual prophecies whatever the spin the Watchtower now puts on them . I have no personal axe to grind but I KNOW that the Watchtower is not God's organisation on Earth . If you want to come back to me for a non emotional discussion about scripture and history please do .

Jan

• tornapart
    tornapart

So, your idea of spirituality is knocking on empty doors and trying to get a bible study. I've been doing it for the last 45 years and only ever had one (when I pioneered as a teen). It's helping construct more buildings for the WBTS. Gaining 'privileges' in the congregation. What's that? Talks, passing around the mic, being an MS, an elder?

My idea of spirituality (as a christian) is having a personal relationship with God AND with his Son. You know.. the one who gets a passing mention at the meetings. The one called Jesus Christ. The one who gets less mention than the organisation does. It's prayer, it's reading God's word every day and knowing it's for me, that God is talking to ME through it's pages. It's being good and kind to others, something that ANYONE can do, not just christians.

You're looking at earthly things, outward things, not inward and upward. Did you read this weeks bible reading? If you did, did you do as my own family did and think it was only written for 144,000? Not written for you, so it doesn't matter, you can just skim over it. (Phil 3:7-11,14,20,21; Col 1:4,26-29; 2:2-4; 3:1-4)

If you consider yourself a true christian you WILL NOT be following men.... you will be following Jesus Christ!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Now let me see SFPW - do you have bet with someojne that you can generate more responses to your threads than anyone else by saying deliberately provocative things? Telling a bunch of Apostates that they miss the big picture because they don't look beyond their individaul p[ersonal interests to recogise how serving the organsation is part of the greater good - nice little red rag to a bull - Oh drat - I have played into your hands by responding. And I bet just when the thread starts to die you will join back in and saying something even more provocative to kick start it. Nice work! Hey everybody on JWN - time to stop taking this idiot's bait - he is having a good chuckle at all of our expense.

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

I admit i only read your post briefly....the responces i contemplated.

There is a differance between reality and spirituality, its up to you 'stand for pure worship'

Why are you here if not looking for answers to your own questions.

Your fighting the inevitable, godspeed to you

• tornapart
    tornapart

@Frazzled, I think it's a good thing really. What about all those doubting JW lurkers? One who are scared to join in but read threads like this? There's an awful lot here to make them think, thanks to everyone's replies.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

To add something educational to this topic, Imaginate isn't a verb.. Jehovah's Theocratic Ministry School let you down there, matey..

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/imaginate

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have no spiritual outlook. So, you cannot call it anything that suggests a measurement. There is nothing to measure.

And yet, I feel more spirtually fulfilled as an ex than I ever did as a watchtower toting jw.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Why don't you look into the ORGANIZATION of UPS, FedEx ... you send something overnight let's say by 7pm from Houston to Seattle and it gets there by 9am signed and delivered mister ... you worship an ORGANIZATION ... do you know how the business model of ORGANIZATION started ... it is a business model ... it was started by the British ...

You worship an ORGANIZATION ... which really DO NOT SHARE GOD'$ will which in their case BILLIONS OF DOLLARS .... LOL

Really you are just pulling a leg here with your Warwick comment ... but I am being serious about you researching where and how the business model of ORGANIZATION started ...

As Christians we are to follow JESUS not an organization or a group of gringo men in NEW YORK CITY.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Stand for True Worship - thank you for your comments. I won't bash your opinion or criticise your reasoning.

Just do one thing for me. Please read Psalms 146:3.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit