In general, the people on this forum have a poor outlook spiritually speaking.

by Stand for Pure Worship 120 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Classic. From howcultswork.com

Cult leadership is feared. To disagree with leadership is the same as disagreeing with God. The cult leaders will claim to have direct authority from God to control almost all aspects of your life. If the cult is not a religious group then questioning the leaders or program will still be seen as a sign of rebellion and stupidity.

Guilt, Character Assassination and Breaking Sessions. Guilt will be used to control you. Maybe the reason you’re not making money is because you’re not “with the programme”. Maybe the reason you’re not able to convert new recruits is because “your heart is prideful and full of sin”. It could never be that the programme isn’t working, or those new recruits have valid reasons for not joining. It’s always your fault, you are always wrong, and so you must try harder! You will also be made to feel very guilty for disobeying any of the cult’s written or unwritten rules.

Character Assassination is used to help create the guilt in you. Character Assassination is a type of false reasoning used by people and groups who have no real arguments. The technical name for Character Assassination is “The Ad hominem Fallacy”. This is how it works. Imagine if you will a conversation between two men, Ford and Arthur…

“One plus one equals three”, says Ford.
    “No I don’t think so. You see when I have one thing, and I have another thing, then I have two things not three”, replies Arthur.
    “I see your point, but what you must realize is that one plus one when calculated in relation to this complex number domain, which I just invented, and then squared by the sum of the ninth tangent in the sequence of the Fibonacci series results in three!”, stated Ford triumphantly.

Ok, Ford is wrong, but that is not the point. The point is that Ford tried to answer Arthur’s reasoning with more reasoning of his own. This is the healthy way people and groups debate subjects. Now lets see what would have happened if Ford had used Character Assassination…

“Arthur I have been a mathematician longer than you. How dare you disagree with me! You are obviously a very smug and prideful person. I think you are disagreeing with me because you are jealous of me, and to be honest with you Arthur your rebellion has really hurt me and a lot of other people too”, stated Ford his face intimidatingly close to Arthur’s.

You see Ford didn’t answer Arthur’s argument, instead he attacked his character. If you are not aware of how Character Assassination works then it is a powerful way to exert control over you.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

SFPW - the trolling is old, I don't think anybody takes you seriously anymore.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

SFPW, you sound like you are one of the Watchtower's (or GB's) spokesman. Or you could be part of WT Writing Committe in Brooklyn. Your tone proves you are a staunch JW, spiritually active in your congregation.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

When we think individually, or selfishly, we tend to see things in a skewed manner. All we see is ourselves, instead of seeing ourselves along with our brother and sisters.

Does this apply to the Governing Body? The tell us that we should go along with whatever they say even if we disagree with it or it turns out to be wrong. They clearly see themselves as separate from the rank and file brothers and sisters. They are skewing all over the place.

• watson
    watson

Stand is a "Master"at stirring the pot. A real master. I am in awe. I have never seen an apostate yet that has Stand's ability to speak the "pure language".

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Bizzy Bee - you hit it right on the head - well put -

This is the core apostasy of the Governing Body - elevating themselves

into a "special class" and convincing their followers to fear them as gods.

The protestant reformation was supposed to correct this error.

These childless priests of the GB turn every purpose and every word uttered

by Jesus Christ, inside out and upside down, their "followers" get a warm fuzzy

feeling that someone else is doing all the thinking for them and all they have to

do is never question. And get all dressed up and sit in meetings. The work of

the Christian in the community is not understood by wittnesses at all.

They shut themselves off from their larger community and its needs.

The fear of questioning is so high, they have programmed language.

Even God himself allows argument. SFPW and so-called Faithful Wittness and WT

spokesmen reveal themselves to be the shallow loveless spiritually dead victims

of the JW cult. In reality those congregations are full of heavy drinkers and cliques.

"Freedom" to the average witness means the freedom to drink alcohol,

have raucous parties, dance, and party. Its not truth that concerns them.

It has nothing to do with spiritual freedom.

There is no connection to Jesus Christ, his name is only muttered

in embarrassment and confusion, an afterthought.

They are all in love with "the organization" not God or his son.

They speak only of God's "Will" never his love, or compassion,

or the fact he loved the world of mankind itself and still does.

Its always "Gods Will as directed through the organization."

Where is this in the Bible ? In anything at all Jesus said ?

It really means the will of the governing body.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

If people in this forum demonstrate lack of spirituality

it is because they have never seen it in their congregations

or demonstrated by their wittness friends or relatives or encountered it

in studying the WT publications, they do not know what it looks like.

Spirituality is non-existant in the Jehovah's Wittness community, they

think a suit and tie, and high heels, make up and jewellery, and sitting

through endless meetings is spirituality. They think feeling superior to others,

like the chosen people they think they are, makes them spiritual.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I just had to check this thread... nope, I didn't read the opening post or any of the comments... except for Outlaw's. I knew he'd have something funny to say, and he didn't disappoint me.

"I wish that effin dog would write my talks so I could get some laughs
    rather than the usual WTH looks I get from the audience"

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

SFPW I hope you come to your spiritual senses too.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Awww shucks I can't hate you. Such sweet naivety. Thanks for caring about us, however misinformed you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit