In general, the people on this forum have a poor outlook spiritually speaking.

by Stand for Pure Worship 120 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Folks, as you can see, SFPW starts threads but rarely follows up with direct responses to the posts on the provocative threads he starts.

SFPW is either a "wanna be" satirist or a world class troll. If we feed in to his threads with passionate responses, we are just feeding his need to mock those sincere posters on JWN.

Why keep feeding this behavior?...

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Hey SFPW, save it for your number 4 talks. You are not proving anything to anyone and its not like we havent heard this crap thousands of times before. Some of us may have even given 45 minute talks on it. The fact you are even here, whether trolling or spiritually "preparing for battle", shows you are bored and really have nothing better to do than to post your condescending rants. You obviously are not a servant or elder because you would be too busy, scared or could care less about an apostate's spriritual condition. You probably envy those who get to speak on sunday and often think "I could do much better than that Brother". So you come here to hone your "skills" and show off your spirituall "knowledge". NOBODY CARES JUST LIKE AT THE KINGDOM HALL!! Get over yourself and move on. We come here to participate in discussions, share opinions, vent and to share stories. BUT IF YOU COME HERE TO TEACH, SPECIALLY IN A CONDESCENDING TONE PLEASE LEAVE!!

In the end of the day, NOBODY CARES!!

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

tenyearsafter, I couldn't respond to everything directed at me before due to being a newbie with enforced posting limits. Well, that's no longer the case. I'm officially off the chain. That said, I look forward to refuting the foolishness put forth on this forum. There's been far too much preaching to the choir going on here and I aim to change that.

Gingerbread, I'm familiar with that verse, but I fail to see what that has to do with the subject at hand?

"Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,Nor in the son of earthling man,to whom no salvation belongs"- Psalm 146:3

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Haha! Come on David Splane (or other GB dude) — we know one of you is Stand for Pure Worship!

Fact is that for me, it was the study of the Bible that turned me into an atheist.
    Don't flatter yourselves — you were a second thought for me.
    Once it was obvious that the Bible was BS, only then did I turn my attention to your mind-controling and realized I was also in a brazen cult.

Get over yourselves.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

These posts are insulting. You assume we share your world-view when we conciously reject it. I don't give a damn about the Witness interpretation of OT figures. The WTs do not accurately portray these stories. Many of the OT heroes, such as Noah and Abrham, lack fundamaental decency and humanity.

You are breaking rules that you claim to hold dear by posting here. On the other hand, you do serve as a powerful reminder how fortunate we are to have left WT serfdom. I would be interesting in hearing your personal thoughts, as distinct from the WTBTS literature. Something tells me you have no personal beliefs or ideas - only cult group think.

This is tiresome.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Where is Jesus in your grand scheme of things? Chrisrtianity is Christ-centered not based on ancient Israelites. When I can submit your title on JW.org to diss Jehovah's Witnesses, the Witnesses are not a cult. You are not respectful of your freedom here.

What is spirituality? Most people assume it is a vibrant call to God in a personal sense. Perhaps our DNA is hardwired b/c Stone Age people believed in great forces and showed communal values. I suggest you exercise some spirituality by reading a reputable Bible, not the NWT, in consecutive verses as the authros intended for it to be written. It is an idea older than Martin Luther.

Also, when the Witnesses quote secular scholars, google the quotes to see how many times the Writing Department fraudently misconstrues their point. Last year the WT quoted from a Nuremberg convicted Nazi theologian to make a point that was not necessary to their main point. They live in a pre-Internet era when only scholars familiar with theology in Germany during the rise of HItler or Nuremberg experts would recognize the quote. This WT expert was executed for his war crimes. His theology and Nazi activism were linked directly. The theologian came from a prominent German family with impeccable Lutheran ties. His objective was to mainstream Nazism for the majority of German Luterans.

His point, if any, was a tangent. Oh, there was also an article about Selma and Steve. Selma was severely physically and emotinally abused by Steve, a nonJW. Her study conductor reprimanded Selma for not being submissive to Steve, despite broken bones, and suggested she increase her femiine wiles and obedience. After fifteen years of serious bodily injury and psychological trauma, Steve converted to JWs. Whipee. Triumph. I noted that the WT article did not mention that Steve stopped his contemptous behavior when he converted. Conversion counted, not respect for a marriage mate. During those fifteen years of torture and fear, Selma could have ended up dead or with severe bodily injuries. Most domestic violence cases continue unless the victim walks away. Not once in the article was Steve's behavior analyzed or put in context as a breaking of the marital contract.

Unlike you, I received an education in critical thinking. If one is going to copy and paste, at least set forth a few introductory words why you find the quote compelling enough to share. WE have all been exposed ad nauseum to WT literature. You are pulling a scam, What would Bethel or your local elders say about your posts?

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

SFPW: Your posts leave me wishing I was as close to god as you are! The way you remeber all those scriptures and watchtower quotes is nothing short of breath taking! Every one here should takes notes on your eloquence and how you manage to outsmart us at every step! Keep up the good work!!

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

You are correct Stand for True Worship - you fail to see the point of Psalms 146:3

Please read the whole section of this scripture and apply it to the Governing Body.

And remember that the members of the GB/Board of Directors for the WT Society who shaped 99% of this belief structure are ALL dead (and they're not in heaven on thrones directing the 'earthly organization' - they're pushing up daisies in a cemetery).

ginger

• tornapart
    tornapart

@SFPW... can you see how self-righteous you are coming across?

We are all spiritually deficient so you are here to save us all. How arrogant!

your words.... "There's been far too much preaching to the choir going on here and I aim to change that."

You've answered NONE of the mostly very good thought provoking responses, except the two before yours.

How long have you been a JW? Bet you're still wet behind the ears. You come across as very young and inexperienced and very robotic in your words and thoughts.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Outlaw: Excellent representation of the 1914 Generation

http://brandonacox.com/wp-content/uploads/portrait_of_an_articulated_skeleton_on_a_bentwood_chair-320x320.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit