In general, the people on this forum have a poor outlook spiritually speaking.

by Stand for Pure Worship 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

So I waz reading the August 15 WT Study article, Elisha Saw Fiery Chariots, Do You? and it made me think about this forum. If you remember, Syria was hunting God's prophet, Elisha. Eventually, the king's army tracked Elisha down and surrounded the city he was staying in. Elisha's attendant grew fearful but the prophet reassured him saying,"Do not be afraid for there are more who are with us than those who are with them." The attendant probably thought Elisha was losing his mind due to the pressure when in reality it was the attendant's perception that needed adjustment. Elisha recognized this and prayed to Jehovah saying, "O Jehovah, open his eyes, please, that he may see." Jehovah did just that and the attendant was able to see horses, chariots of fire surrounding the Syrians. Oh that had to be something to see!

You and I can do the same if we imaginate with insight too. When we see Jehovah's earthly organization growing and successfully accomplishing tasks with willful volunteers, we're actually witnessing Jehovah blessing His organization. It's just like Elisha's attendant seeing the horses and chariots of fire surrounding the Syrians. To me, the most encouraging part of it all is that I, you, all of us can have a share in working out God's will. Think about that. We're working with Jehovah when we support His organization. When we recieve privileges, or opportunities to have a greater share in the ministry, or the privilege of helping with the construction in Warwick, in a sense it's as if Jehovah patted us on the back with confidence as He gives us a task to perform.

I think the problem with many of you here at JWN, was that you had the wrong motives, or an incorrect view of your role within the Christian congregation. You saw yourselves as being taken advantage of when in reality you were being used to advance Kingdom interests. You were thinking from a selfish viewpoint, or as an individual. Really you should have been thinking about how best your individual efforts would serve in the best interest of the organization which Jehovah is using to accomplish His will. By imagining yourself as part of something bigger than yourself, you in effect see the horses and chariots. That called, insight. That's called faith. When we think individually, or selfishly, we tend to see things in a skewed manner. All we see is ourselves, instead of seeing ourselves along with our brother and sisters. The worst part is we end up losing sight of Jehovah being our refuge. I hope all of you come to your spiritual senses.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Lol

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

How judgmental and immature.

• Simon
    Simon

That called, insight. That's called faith.

That's called delusion.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh dear. You still believe in fairies.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The worst part is we end up losing sight of Jehovah being our refuge. I hope all of you come to your spiritual senses......SFPW

................. The Rewards of "Waiting on Jehovah"..

...........http://brandonacox.com/wp-content/uploads/portrait_of_an_articulated_skeleton_on_a_bentwood_chair-320x320.jpg

........................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Elisha was not a liar. Comparison over.

Oh.. and the elders wife that tried to start an affair with me. What part of the Kingdom was I being used to fulfil there exactly?

Privileges? Waiting 5 years to be allowed to hold a microphone in the meeting? Is that one of the privileges you are referring to?

There are also a dozen religions that are growing faster then the Witnesses globally. Who is blessing them?

Who said they are Jehovah's organisation? Them?

• whathappened
    whathappened

I was bnaptised in 1971. I left three years ago...never felt happier. Stick around here and learn, you can be free from the Watchtower Society also.

• Listener
    Listener

Insight and faith are not the same thing and you obviously need more insight to understand that.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SFTW: Really you should have been thinking about how best your individual efforts would serve in the best interest of the organization which Jehovah is using to accomplish His will.

There is a complete lack of evidence that Jehovah is using the Organization known as Jehovahs' Witnesses as his modern day "spokesman" to accomplish His will.

However there is an abundance of evidence that this Organization is NOT Jehovah's "spokeman": 1874; 1914; 1925; 1975; 2000; and now the ongoing overlap. Why would Jehovah misdirect, misguide, and confuse all those seeking to do his Will by such failed predictions/prophecies/promises.

I personally gave a "hard close" in Public Talks, Funeral Discourses, and to Bible Students that "THIS generation will not pass away". That means us. That means NOW.

Such worship of Jehovah via the Organization known as the Bible Students or as Jehovah's Witnesses could NOT be 'TRUE WORSHIP'. It was all false.

I feel like a fricking fool.

They look like fools too. And liars.

Deut 18:20-22 says it all.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit