In general, the people on this forum have a poor outlook spiritually speaking.

by Stand for Pure Worship 120 Replies latest jw friends

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Integ,

"Secondly, I think this was a clever attempt at satire and a very good one judging by the amount of people he/she duped."

That may be the case. And of course, Stand For Pure Worship, could come back and say, "gotcha." Nonetheless, I do think there is value in responding to such posts at face value. First it is possible SFPW is an active Witness who has decided to violate the rule of "don't read or post on Ex-JW discussion forums." If that is the case, it give us an opportunity to see how an active Witness views those who have left. Of course we need to be careful too, just like all Ex-JWs are not alike, neither are all active JWs.

Thus unless it is blatantly obvious trolling or satire, when I respond to posts I generally try to assume good faith on the part of the poster. Because, one other possibility is SFPW is an active Witness who has just begun the search for truth beyond the faith. I know in my own case, I was internally combative against the idea the "truth" wasn't really the "truth." When I showed up at my first face-to-face Ex-JW meetup I still carried my No Blood Medical Directive card. It took me one year of being out before I discarded it.

In almost all these cases, time will tell.

Cheers,

-Randy

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Are you Miz aka No Room For George?

Bangalore

• John S
    John S

I enjoyed the discussion here. This is my first post. I was a JW for 35 years. Currently I post on christian.forumatic.com.

I am an anointed, born-again Christian now. I still worship Jehovah. I am seeing a huge diversity here and open-discussions on belief and atheism. This site is still open to belief discussions, and not closed , as another I recently attempted to post on. I hope this freedom of expression continues, for without it this site will become dictatorial toward the belief in Christ, and pro-atheism like another ex-JW site, which has fallen into gross filthy animalistic graphic speech, and base non-spiritual attitudes.

Even so-called 'pagan' religions attempt to bolster kindness, polity, love, and patience. Confuscianism, for example. Impolite speech, crass disregard for long-held beliefs of sincere persons, and anti-god slogans and snide remarks are not evidence of intelligence, but rather inhumanity.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

" I would think the WT would wish SFPW to STFU."

Hahaha! Phizzy — indeed!... Poe or not, this one must really bug them!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Bangalore - Someone pointed that out on another thread he started which is why I think it's Miz as well

• John S
    John S

I would also like to add; although I understand 'Outlaw's' feelings about the JW organization, which I was actively supporting for 35 years, and do not have the same opinions he has....he made a WONDERFUL picture that I busted a gut laughing about.

I must give you an "A" for the skeleton sitting at the table with the caption , "Waiting on Jehovah"..... Well-done!

That is exactly why I personally stayed 'in' for the last 9 years of my tenure. I also got tired of waiting on change...as the change did come, but for the worse. Dictatorial policy, un-Christian treatment (especially after I started partaking at Memorial)....and too much to print, convinced me I was not wanted around there anymore, so I resigned under protest .

My wife wound up divorcing the marriage, yet just this year after 5 years, I found another ex-Witness sister and I were married. We met on an ex-JW forum, not unlike this one. We are extremely happy, and post together on the cite mentioned above.

I am from Norther CA, though have lived in South MS for nearly 40 years now. I am very outspoken , like a lot of you, and can see a discussion from many angles, even though very sincere in my belief in God and Christ. I find many posters here, from what I have read so far, are still searching for truth, whether Christian, science, reason, or otherwise. This is also right and true, as we all should form our own opinion based on what we perceive as factual and workable.

I hope to be able to post here, and I see the rules are fair and just, and hope the moderators here will abide by them, also, not give too much weight to THEIR OWN in their judgement of other's views, and comments.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Looks like we have similar stories whathappened...I just came out right here a few hours ago... took off my mask! Liberating.
    As for Stand for Pure Worship, he/she DOES look like something from Poe's Law. Who knows?...
    What is certain, is that SFPW is not JW enough to obey the WTS on hanging around apostates! A Troll maybe?

• watson
    watson

Hi John S. You seem like a nice gentleman. Good luck here on JWN. You may need to thicken up your skin a bit.

May I ask what part of of Nor Cal you are from?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Marking because this thread title makes me laugh every time I read it.

• John S
    John S

Hello Watson. Yes, I know what you mean about thickening up my skin. I am from Humboldt County; Arcata/Eureka. Graduated from Arcata High in 1972.

I was raised a JW, but got involved with the drug scene in High School. Almost rolled my 51 Chevy pickup on about 10 high kids on the Arcata bottoms, because there were 5 of us in the front seats, and I couldn't accomodate a 90 degree turn. The rear wheel went into a ditch, and the truck went up on two wheels. I'll never forget the girls screaming....

Someone in the front was inspired to push the giant steering wheel to the left, as I was too stoned on mushroom/Gallo wine/ and hash to do anything but try to focus on observing the situation instead of reacting(dope does that if you don't know)

That is what initially made me stop using drugs and get involved with the religion seriously. I was 16.

But the life/train wreck I experienced with WT after 35 years also started me on other roads of exploration. That is what brings me here. Exploration. What is spirit...what is truth? What is healthy, or what is stupid, foolish, unreasonable, or just plain doesn't work or fit the facts.

Watson are you from CA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit