Wrong type alternative service

by Yadirf 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just for the record:

When I left the JW's I thought it would be a good gesture to try to put something back into my country, so I applied to join the Territorial Army. That's reservists, takes just one day a week plus 1 full month each year.

I missed out on the Falklands War, no-one over 35 was allowed to go, only officers.

Well, I'm now 55, but given the chance I would be over with our boys in Afghanistan as they support the US.

Englishman.

• sf
    sf

["It was not the civilized governments that were barbaric, but the barbaric Watchtower Corporation who tinkered with scriptural interpretation about "compromising Christian integrity" that caused me to get in the mess they put me in. This is the same Printing Corporation that was recently caught fornicating with the United Nations for over ten years, and only stopping fornicating when they got caught.

Fuck the Watchtower Religion and the horse it rode in on."]

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• sf
    sf

Cygnus! Check out some of Rick's links:

< http://www.mayeronline.org/links.htm

Beer, delivered to your door!

There IS "a" god afterall.

sKally

• worf
    worf

War is destructive, but there are times when it is thrust upon you and engaging in it becomes necessary.

Even the Bible(whether God's word or not) says at Ecclesiastes 3:8 that there is a time for war.

Personally I feel that one of the best wars to wage is to war against the wts.

worf(warrior class)

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

rmayer32 said:

Being a Gulf War vet and a 10 year former Active Duty type of guy, I have to say [blah, blah, and more blah].
    Then he says:
    All I can say to you is
    Now after that obscene display he quotes the Soldiers Creed, part of which reads:
    “Because I am proud of the uniform I wear, I will always act in ways creditable to the military service and the nation it's sworn to guard. … No matter what the situation I am in, I will never do anything for pleasure, profit, or personnal safety, which will disgrace my unit or my country. I will use every means I have even beyond the line of duty, to restrain my army comrades from actions disgraceful to themselves and the uniform.”

I guess his excuse for not living up to the “Soldiers Creed” might be that he’s no longer a soldier?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To AlanF:

I am not a disfellowshipped person, and furthermore YOU know it. Do you not realize that your lie here undermines and calls into question everything that you’ve ever written down to the present day. At any time in the future that it becomes necessary, all I have to do is simply supply verification from the WTS that I’ve never been disfellowshipped and you’re word regarding all the things that you’ve spouted against the WTS over the years is moot, to no avail. Your words have been nothing but an exercise of futility, AlanF. Just think of all the hours, days, and months that have piled up in terms of how much time out of your life you have spent writing adverse things about the WTS. How does it feel to have wasted your life, AlanF? You’ve complained about how much of your life, in your opinion, was wasted during the years you were a JW, and now here you are wasting the rest of what time you have left. As I’ve suggested to you before AlanF, in all sincerity, you have a severe mental problem that I hope one day you will recover from. I really fear for you, because when you see that things don’t go according to your expectations in the coming years you may be so depressed that thoughts of suicide could enter your mind. Don’t ever say that I didn’t try to reason with you.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Englishman
    Englishman

G'mornin' Mister Friday!

You're not disfellowshipped? You haven't been given the old heave-ho, sod-off independant thinker, there is no room for colourful personalities in Jehovahs Ooh-so-loving-organisation? Agape, agape?

Why not? How come you associate with all of these DF'd people on the net, yet I was outed for association with just one DF'd person?

Or are you concealing your activities, are you being dishonest with the elders, are you not confessing to your sins?

Hmm, naughty naughty naughty!

Englishman.

• noidea
    noidea

Gee..Yardy,

You didn't even bother to say "Hello".

~~~Noi~~~

• larc
    larc

Yadirf,

I am not dissfellowshipped either. I stopped going to meetings and out in sevice in 1965. You stopped going to meetings and out in service in 1975. So, I guess that you and I are soul brothers, don't ya think?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

worf

Even the Bible(whether God's word or not) says at Ecclesiastes 3:8 that there is a time for war.
    You've done an excellent job of demonstrating that you haven't a clue as to what that text means. Shall I be your teacher and disclose to you its ACTUAL meaning? No I shall not! Why? Because you removed yourself out from under the helpful umbrella of the WTS, and are no longer deserving of its help ... unless you first change your attitude. You poor guy, you!

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Englishbum

How come you associate with all of these DF'd people on the net, yet I was outed for association with just one DF'd person?
    That's because YOU really did "associate" with a DF'd person. Me, pounding you in the head, doesn't qualify as "association". Does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit