Wrong type alternative service

by Yadirf 103 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I know of the pain of war...my gran lost her husband because they weakened him when he was a prisoner of war in Singapore. My older brother and sister lost their father in the 90's when there was ethnic cleansing of the muslims and he was rounded up and killed along with the rest of his male family.

Why oh why would anyone want to go thru war again when the solution is only a temporary one and down the track we're only going to have to war again!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    friday barks:Hypocrite! First you call me your friend, then you insult me. Some Christian you are!

If being a christian means I have to be like you and the other hypocrite dubs, I'll be an atheist, thank God!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next time your dubbie friends are incarcerated in concentration camps, just wait on the Watchtower to free them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are sure there's gonna be a next time, are you? Probably, if YOU have anything to do with it, there will be.

As long as their are bad people in the world, there will be a next time. Or, don't you read the news?

quote:
    I pray the U.S. Military will bypass those camps, this time.

It'll only work though if YOUR God answers prayers. I'm not really worried either way.

Your god, the Watchtower, seems only able to cover up pedophiles, join in organizations they openly condemn, and pester people early Saturday mornings. You are just foolish enough to not worry. But, why should you? Either way, those of us you condemn are and have always been ready to protect you and keep you from worrying, just so you can bitch about us, hypocrite!

If you didn't go, then you wouldn't know!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Unfortunately, what Friday had to say had absolutely nothing to do with what Farkel was talking about. In your rush to agree with him, you didn't see this. I'm sure it was just an honest oversight.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Naeblis

You're being nothing but a good cheerleader. Plus, you're stupid ... and biased ... and ugly.

Farkel's PREFERENCE is, to quote him: "The issue is not whether I'm alive today because I chose not to take up combat. The issue that I've always presented on that subject is that the society's stance on alternative military service when I faced it was idiotic."

You see, Farkel likes to be the one who dictates what the issues here are going to be. But just because that's what he wants doesn't mean that I have to let him have his way. Now, go back up into your mommie's womb and grow into a bigger fetus. Then come back out to play, why don't you.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Why oh why would anyone want to go thru war again when the solution is only a temporary one and down the track we're only going to have to war again!

Nobody wants to go through it again, Vi. But what is the alternative? To allow the Bin Ladins, Saddam Husseins, Khadafis, and others to have their way.

Instead of coming around our doors on Saturday, why not seek them out and convince them the Watchtower is the way to go. Convince them not to crash loaded jetliners of innocent civilians into office buildings. Convince them not to strap bombs to their bodies and blow up restaraunts. Go and convince them how wrong the wars they start are. Do that, then we can dismantle the military, but not until.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Umm.. Farkel wrote the piece. I think it's reasonable enough to think he can decide what the issue is. If you want to change it into something else that's fine. But that is not what he is arguing. You either cannot see this, or you r extreme age has made it impossible for you to read an article and understand it. I am noone's cheerleader. If I disagree with farkel I tell him. Go ahead and ask him yourself. The crux of the matter is that the Society insisted on no alternative service for only one reason. To make an example of itself. It has always liked to toot it's own horn on matters such as these. The fact that they forced Farkel to go to jail, then allowed him to take the job he would have taken in the first place obviously is not important to you. Your other insults I'll ignore. Not because I'm trying to take the higher road, but because they are so lame and uninspired. By all means however, continue with your pointless defending of an organization that you yourself are too much of a coward to support openly. When was the last meeting you went to Friday? As Violet said, wait on Jehovah. Swallow your doubts and concerns and allow him to set the organization straight. But of course you won't do that. Will you? Cheers.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Nobody wants to go through it again, Vi. But what is the alternative? To allow the Bin Ladins, Saddam Husseins, Khadafis, and others to have their way.

Instead of coming around our doors on Saturday, why not seek them out and convince them the Watchtower is the way to go. Convince them not to crash loaded jetliners of innocent civilians into office buildings. Convince them not to strap bombs to their bodies and blow up restaraunts. Go and convince them how wrong the wars they start are. Do that, then we can dismantle the military, but not until.

Typical worldly reasoning, which is no reasoning at all.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Yes, war is awful. It's more than that, it's horrible. All the more reason civilized people should avoid it. But is it necessary?

"SIGH"

It's hard for me to say. In this world, against a Hitler or a Husain, only the individual can be the judge. I wore the uniform for almost a decade. My conscience allowed it. After I started "studying" with the witnesses, I could not put that uniform back on, ever.

But the real issue is what does my conscience allow NOW. I don't condem ANYBODY who wears the uniform. I don't condem ANYBODY who willingly puts themselves in harms way to protect me and my family's freedoms, PERIOD!

I'd gladly let those in uniform lean on me for suppot. Feed them, shelter them, support them if it came to that. My non-military contribution to freedom I suppose.

That real issue of conscience is what the Borg masters demand from every able-bodied man and woman. They demand you suppress YOUR conscience and inflate their own! A persons individual conscience is NOT for those mummies to take. But they immorally take it ANYWAY!

In reference to Farkel's felony conviction, it was the Borg masters who lied to him by pressuring him to make THEIR decission when it should have been his decission to make all along.

CornerStone

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    The fact that [the WTS] forced Farkel to go to jail,...

That's a big fat lie, and nothing short of it. Farkel went to jail because of his OWN convictions ... because he believed in the understanding at the time. Like I said, Naeblis, you're nothing but a good cheerleader, you're stupid, and you are indeed ugly.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Well it looks like Farkel was one up on you then wasn't he Friday? You're saying he was right to ignore his doubts and listen to the Society? Why don't you do that yourself? I'm sure the brothers would love to see you at the next meeting. Or.. am I changing the issue here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit