Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Like the Baby Bonus to buy that new plasma that baby needs.

Was not the Baby Bonus introduced by the Libs? I am pretty sure it was Peter Costello's doing.

• mP
    mP

2+2=5

Prolly i cant remember, i was just showing how welfare is used to buy votes to some extent with cheesy gifts.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

Theres no shame in being on welfare, i only asked a simple q. i have observed that many people who vote for KR, are on welfare and love the bonuses that have recently come their way.

I knew exactly what you were up to. Another narrow-minded stereotypical jab. It didn't work.

A real insult would be to buy an MSCE online.

See. We can agree on something.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

I knew exactly what you were up to. Another narrow-minded stereotypical jab. It didn't work.

mP:

You are wise, too bad you cant address the SL and A problems. No civil war in SL , less Taliban and you tell everyone its got worse in 2009. Of course that makes perfect sense.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

You are wise, too bad you cant address the SL and A problems. No civil war in SL , less Taliban and you tell everyone its got worse in 2009.

Are you seriously that ignorant? As I said earlier, your arrogance on this thread means you don't deserve any response to your questions.

But I'll provide a few links for the benefit of other readers.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/06/10/comment-why-sri-lankan-asylum-seekers-continue-come-australia: "In 2009, the long Sri Lankan civil war ended with the government forcing a complete defeat for the independence struggle of the Tamil Tigers (known as the LTTE). ... On the other hand, the problems that generated the civil war – which go back to the complex legacy of colonialism and the Tamil conviction that their culture and political rights are not protected – remain unresolved. In addition, with no opposition, the government both inside and outside Sri Lanka, were emboldened. The excesses of the army in occupying the north, extrajudicial abductions, inequities in the reconstruction process and a perceived threat of Sinhala colonisation have been highlighted in the world press."

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2655387.htm: "Last night's boat arrival [12 August 2009], with 77 Sri Lankan Tamils on board was just the latest in a steady trickle that began when the Sri Lankan civil war ended in May [2009]. Ever since then Australian government officials have been expecting a new wave of asylum seekers heading for a safer future."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/03/scott-morrison-defends-fiona-scott : "Burke said the Labor government should have changed policies in 2009 to respond to new waves of asylum seekers from Sri Lanka, Iraq and Afghanistan and sought greater bipartisanship on the "Malaysian solution"."

• barry
    barry

Sri Lankans are asylum seekers only they are not refugees. They are actually economic refugees they openly say they come here to get rich and have a good life. they don't qualify.

There is a video on youtube of a Sri Lankan asylum seeker who openly admitted he was going to Australia to get rich and when asked how he would prove he is a refugee he replied ' that is the easiest part I just have to say I was tortured'. So do we want liers like that in our country?

• barry
    barry

Lets talk about Rudd. Most of his own party couldn't stand him they only put up with him because they thought he would save their asses. Labor party people are now telling him to leave the parliament. Did anyone notice he only talks about himself all the time and treats the public like they are stupid and that we need him.

I'm just a bit suprised he didn't cry like he did when Julia knifed him

• mP
    mP

jeffro:

But I'll provide a few links for the benefit of other readers.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/06/10/comment-why-sri-lankan-asylum-seekers-continue-come-australia: "In 2009, the long Sri Lankan civil war ended with the government forcing a complete defeat for the independence struggle of the Tamil Tigers (known as the LTTE). ... On the other hand, the problems that generated the civil war – which go back to the complex legacy of colonialism and the Tamil conviction that their culture and political rights are not protected – remain unresolved. In addition, with no opposition, the government both inside and outside Sri Lanka, were emboldened. The excesses of the army in occupying the north, extrajudicial abductions, inequities in the reconstruction process and a perceived threat of Sinhala colonisation have been highlighted in the world press."

mP:

Sure the civil war ended abotu 2009, however you didnt provide proof of it getting worse. You summary however does not say the items listed got worse after 2009. I never claimed that SL was a place without problems, i only stated its gotten better because peace is *nearlY* always better than war.

Can you provide a real example telling us how things got worse, this one is a fail.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2655387.htm: "Last night's boat arrival [12 August 2009], with 77 Sri Lankan Tamils on board was just the latest in a steady trickle that began when the Sri Lankan civil war ended in May [2009]. Ever since then Australian government officials have been expecting a new wave of asylum seekers heading for a safer future."

MP:

That doesnt mean things got worse. No where does it state conditions got worse only that some SL wanted to leave. They have been leaving SL since the beginning of the war over 30 years ago.

Jeffro:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/03/scott-morrison-defends-fiona-scott : "Burke said the Labor government should have changed policies in 2009 to respond to new waves of asylum seekers from Sri Lanka, Iraq and Afghanistan and sought greater bipartisanship on the "Malaysian solution"."

mP:

Again, you are only reporting that SL started to come in increasing numbers in 2009. You havent provided any examples to show *WHY* they would leave after a war ended.

As Barry has stated they are opportunists, not refugees, there is a big difference.

• mP
    mP

jeffro:

If SL really went downhill after 2009, why is it so hard to find a statement somewhere that reflects this ? If SL had a bad faminine or a new war started it would be somewhere online that we could all find.

Just telling me more SL left after 2009, only tells us they left, it doesnt make them refugees. They left because somebody opened a door for them.

Im waiting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit