Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• barry
    barry

I just read an artical "Do-gooders would be kind to be cruel" in the Telegraph October 7 just to highlight some points.

.The Artical presented talks about the Pope's irresponsible claim of "disgrace ' when 300 people lost their lives and a fortnight ago we got it from the Greens when an asylum seeker boat sunk just 50 meters off an Indonesian coast and our aircraft was unable to locate their position probably because they were still in indonesian waters and of course the asylum seekers wouldn't like to be rescued by them would they?

Andrew Bolt writes. But the truth is seeping out. SBS interviewed relatives of passengers on the boat which sank off Indonesia and was told that one family paid $80'000 to get smuggled into Australia in order to escape 'poverty' Some poverty.

It must be said now escaping poverty is not a reason to claim asylum.

Also last week Ling Yoong, former director of medical health services sor our offshore asylum processing said boat people had asked doctors for breast enlargements, IVF treatement and botox.

I remember boat people in the past just wanted Pert 2 in 1 hair shampoo when they got off their boats according to newspapers I have read .

Andrew Bolt goes on'Should we stop the drownings simply by offering safer entry to however many 'asylum seekers' come knocking? Or do we slam the door shut against these illegal migrants?

Either way , the fundamental question remains . What are our borders worth? What our culture?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Either way , the fundamental question remains . What are our borders worth? What our culture?

Not much if you ask me.

• barry
    barry

Our borders are important for all sorts of reasons. Australia being an Island needs protection from all sorts of diseases and pests just to keep our agricultural industry in good shape and why wouldn't we want the immigration of people to controled too. Sharia law for example would change our way of life into that of a third world hell that even the people comming here would one day realise when they woke up from their cultic idealogy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah the Muslims are coming to get us. Oh wah, scary. Before that is was the Jews, remember?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

barry - you might want to start wearing a collar, cos your red neck is showing! While I can see how stopping illegal immigration from boat people is helpful because illegal immigration disrupts orderly immigration - but the suggestion that it will result in an Australia with Sharia law is frankly ludicrous. Australia has been a multi-cultrunal society for a long time now and supposedly that makes us tolerant of other cutlures and religions. Places like the US which are not islands which are a long way from anywhere, deal with large waves of illegal immigrants on a daily basis and arguably benefit from that in the form of people willing to do menial jobs for not much money who offset an otherwise aging population. Australia benefits from immigrants enormously, even illegal immigrants. But I can see that it is fair that those people seeking to enter the country legally should not be queue-jumped by people who pay dodgy racketeers and put their lives at isk to enter illegally. Frazzled

• barry
    barry

Frazzled, During Julia Gillards term as Prime Minister Muslims have demanded they should have Sharia law in Australia but I might remind you even Julia Gillard told them to go back where they came from to a place where sharia law is presently practiced. Australia allready has sharia law in some areas but it is kept quiet. Australia has underage marrages but it is also kept quiet. Female circumcission is also kept quiet.

Slimboyfat, So you believe our borders aren't worth much? Why is it when I travell into every country in the world I have to have a passport and a visa as well in some countries. Why is it even in poor third world countries they have staff to check documents of those arriving.

Maybe you should get a job and travell to all these countries and tell them their borders aren't worth anything and how they could save millions of whatever currency they use. It would be a great saving to every taxpayer on earth.

• barry
    barry

Slimboyfat, In the post above yours I didn'tactually mention muslims now did I?I mentioned sharia which I detest.

• barry
    barry

I haven't got a red neck yet it's only spring here, but when I do I will wear it proudly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit