Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Pm for JWFACTS

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The new 'wild card' in Aussie politics:

Clive Palmer does not seem to have had the success he predicted, and one wonders what would be the situation if he had. Likely the smaller success he did enjoy, has been due to his repeated claim that if you reduce taxation and increase pensions by $150/week, you will unleash an economic tidal wave that will make Australia prosperous.

Here's a pre-election interview. Scroll down and start the video.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/09/05/07/30/wendi-deng-a-chinese-spy-clive-palmer

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Its a well known fact that Labor is well liked by the lower classes, the unemployed types. Go into any CentreLink and they almost all vote for Labour.

Widely spread belief among the conservatives actually. Wasn't it Labor who refused to increase the rate for Newstart Allowance on top of ending the pension for many single mothers?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

fulltimestudent:

The new 'wild card' in Aussie politics [Clive Palmer]

Wild? Or stark raving loony?

• smiddy
    smiddy

FTS

Clive Palmer recommended $ 150 per f/n not a week for pensioners. And he apparently has gained two seats in the senate,which should make things interesting to say the least

jeffro

Wild? Or stark raving loony?

I don`t think you can become a billionaire by being a stark raving looney , he maybe a bit eccentric , but who isnt?

smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

smiddy:

I don`t think you can become a billionaire by being a stark raving looney , he maybe a bit eccentric ,

It's a fine line. But a great deal of what he says is just plain wrong. And that's after you get past his apparent inability to speak English.

• mP
    mP

mP:

MP: Not once did you explain why the end of the civil war in SL was so much worse than the actual civil war

Jeffro

Again you indicate that you don't understand the actual situation. If you're too ignorant, go find out for yourself. I owe you nothing, you arrogant insulting fool.

mP:

Argh, its so obvious you cant actually point a link or anything to the validate your comments, but you can throw yet another petty childish insult.

Its a well known fact that Labor is well liked by the lower classes, the unemployed types

More naive insulting BS. What a surprise.

mP:

But its true. Just look at a map showing the powerbases of Lab/ Lib seats in any city for starters.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

Are you on welfare, do you recieve money from the gov in some form ?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

Are you on welfare, do you recieve money from the gov in some form ?

No, you arrogant insulting prick.

I have an IQ well above average, and I'm a network administrator.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

Theres no shame in being on welfare, i only asked a simple q. i have observed that many people who vote for KR, are on welfare and love the bonuses that have recently come their way. Like the Baby Bonus to buy that new plasma that baby needs. After all why would a person on welfare vote for a party that gives tax breaks to millionaires or cuts welfare. It just doesnt make sense. As always follow the money.

Your the one who thought it was a negative comment.

Thanks for the poke btw, stay classy.

A real insult would be to buy an MSCE online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit