Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• mP
    mP

brinjen;

i was using your material for jeffros behalf. everything i said was true. you might not like it, but you cant counter my statement as being false.

im not disputing the numbers and other details in your article. im just saying people are working the system attackin ghte weaknesses for their advantage. i made a statement originally that KR introduced a new weakness and some have tried to say it wasnt and that there are other factors. I made some simple observations about Afghanistan, jeffro cannot provide a single link. Instead he whines like a little kid who lost his ice cream and wnats me to runto the shop and buy him another one. he can go get himself.

• mP
    mP

barry:

In all of this we are missing something. What about people in great distress that don't have $10,000 to pay a people smuggler. $10,000 is a lot of money in a poor country and very few people could pay that much. Let me ask you all what is the annual income in Afganistan? Do you know its only $100 per year and how many years would it take for the average person to save that much if they were to save 100% of their income.

mP:

ive made this same q in other similar threads. How does a poor afghan who earns at most $500 a year manage to say tens of thousnads of dollars for this trip. Thats the eqivalent of us spending $5 million to catch a boat to SL as a refugee.

One has to wonder how they got that money.

• barry
    barry

mp the only answer I get when I ask that question is that they get it from friends and family I saw another video of an Iranian man and his family in Indonesia that has spent 25,000 dollars for himself and his family to get to Australia and when the boat started to sink he was rescued in Indonesia but he hasen't given up he is willing to pay another $25000 and try again.

Refugees my ass

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

You guys still arguing the big humanist vs realist debate on boat people - good luck with that - very tough to work out a policy that can accomodate both. One point I would make is that political debates and decisions involve value judgements and don't have right or wrong answers. So trying to prove you're absolutely right and the person with the other view is absolutely wrong is pretty much a waste of time and name calling and accusations of lying etc. are similarly fruitless. Any chance you are applying entrenched black and white thinking to politics and if so I wonder where that comes from? Still I admire your passion for political discourse.

Anyways, back to the Ruddster - I was very interested to read the diagnosis of him as a Grandiose Narcissist (Narcissistic Supply eat your heart out) and I must say from what I heard about working with him, this rings true (and before anyone wants to accuse me of political bias, I am a life long Labor man who can't abide Abbott). So it got me to thinking - what about Rutherford - he seems to have had all the same characteristics and stamped his mark on the organization. could be an interesting study to do a psychological study of Rutehr ford and show the legacy of his pathological personality for teh organization and its memebers.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Frazzled UBM:

You guys still arguing the big humanist vs realist debate on boat people

Not really. I'm a realist, and mP certainly isn't a humanist. I correctly stated that international factors independent from Australian immigration policy affected the number of refugees in 2009 and mP misdirected focus to the alleged motives of refugees. He then decided I must be Sri Lankan. It's not much of a 'debate' against his brand of 'logic'.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Interesting to see that the Labour Party has not learned any lessons from the last few years. The knives are said to be still out and ready to wound and kill.

And, who will make it into the leadership position?

Reflecting on it, I see a big hole in the constitution, which essentially proposed that the Prime Minister be elected to that position by the Parliament.

Things have changed significantly from early in the 20th C until today. Modern politics have evolved to the point that for any party to win, their leader must win public support. Elections have become popularity contests.

--------------------------------------------------------

Frazzled UBM posted:

Anyways, back to the Ruddster - I was very interested to read the diagnosis of him as a Grandiose Narcissist (Narcissistic Supply eat your heart out) and I must say from what I heard about working with him, this rings true (and before anyone wants to accuse me of political bias, I am a life long Labor man who can't abide Abbott). So it got me to thinking - what about Rutherford - he seems to have had all the same characteristics and stamped his mark on the organization. could be an interesting study to do a psychological study of Rutehr ford and show the legacy of his pathological personality for teh organization and its memebers.

Myabe for any leader to become a leader there has to be something about him that can be described as GN, (which may not be a formal mental state , just handy shorthand for certain leaders.)

Abbott supposedly told one of the Independents that he'd, "do anything to become PM, except sell his arse!" What does that tell us about him? And the constantly evolving personality that he has displayed? And what about the use of his family - daughters dressed as if for their first communion (virginal white, though the 'Fathers' may have looked askance at the skirt length)?

Rutherford was obviously something else. Did he turn Charlie's (angels - grin) into a toxic organisation, or are we just seeing a group with extreme Christian tendencies and beliefs, something like the Donatists of the 4th C?

• mP
    mP

jeffro:

Not really. I'm a realist, and mP certainly isn't a humanist. I correctly stated that international factors independent from Australian immigration policy affected the number of refugees in 2009 and mP misdirected focus to the alleged motives of refugees.

mP:

I am a humanist. im honest first and foremost, somethng the world needs more than liars. The people coming to Australia if they feared their lives could have stopped at multiple places along the way. You completely ignore this point, is that honest ? There is safety in nearly all those places. Those countries are not as good as Australia but they are relatively safe. The proof is 1/4 of the world lives in those places.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

He then decided I must be Sri Lankan. It's not much of a 'debate' against his brand of 'logic'.

m P:

It was a cheapo shot, because you have not once attempted to tell us why Afghans refugees decided to come after 2009 and not before. You are completely fixed on the SL problem which shows you have a bias of some sort. I asked the q and you cant answer, why dont you just reply and confirm you have no personal issues in this ?

• mP
    mP

barry:

mp the only answer I get when I ask that question is that they get it from friends and family I saw another video of an Iranian man and his family in Indonesia that has spent 25,000 dollars for himself and his family to get to Australia and when the boat started to sink he was rescued in Indonesia but he hasen't given up he is willing to pay another $25000 and try again.

Refugees my ass

mP:

Wow these guys must have lots of friends. To get $10k they need 1000 friends giving them $10 each. Thats a fortnights pay each. The problem is the $10k for the boat trip isnt the full bill. You can double that because it costs money to get oney to get from their original home to the right place in indo and naturally pay officials and others for help.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

It was a cheapo shot, because you have not once attempted to tell us why Afghans refugees decided to come after 2009 and not before. You are completely fixed on the SL problem which shows you have a bias of some sort. I asked the q and you cant answer, why dont you just reply and confirm you have no personal issues in this ?

Moron. I already told you that you deserve no 'explanation'. I don't have to justify myself to you, and if you want to believe I'm Sri Lankan, go ahead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit