Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• mP
    mP

mP:

I never claimed that SL was a place without problems, i only stated its gotten better because peace is *nearlY* always better than war.

Jeffro:

A typical 'shifting the goalposts' strategy.

mP:

Again your lying, i have never changed my statement that the libs policies regarding boats stopped them.

I was simple stating that SL got peace in 2009 and its logical to think that peace is better than war. You have failed multiple times to show me how it got worse. No news stories that show the situation getting worse rquiring an exodus. Damn your a liar, just like your failed messiah kevin (yes cheap shot).

Jeffro:

You claimed that Howard's policies 'stopped the boats' and that it was Rudd's policies in 2009 that 'started the boats' again.

mP:

And how is my statement which you quote a change in that comment by me ? You goto be kidding if thats a change.

Jeffro:

The fact is that there was a new influx of asylum seekers in 2009, as clearly shown by the facts.

mP:

so where is the bad stuff in SL you keep claiming ? WHere ? How come its so hard to prove this ?

jeffro:

Your attempt at shifting focus to your impression of 'conditions in Sri Lanka' (which in fact did make things less secure for the Tamil) is entirely irrelevant to your false correlation about 'stopping the boats'.

mP:

yes because the end of a civil war is completely irrevelant to the well being of a country. What a pathetic argument.

Jeffro:

News sources, refugee organisations and the Australian government agree that there was an increase in refugee numbers in 2009 due to international factors and not Australian policy.

mP:

Where ? Your links to the abc etc did not say this at all.

Jeffro:

You're wrong, and that's all. I'm not interest in responding any further to your arrogant tripe. I've supplied enough information already for sincere readers.

mP:

its amazing how often you say this and how little you provide in links.

your links did not support your story. One mentioned a boat had refugees. None of them said why the left their homes.

• mP
    mP

jefrro:

You have completely ignored the Afghan refugees ? Why did they start to come in 2009 but didnt try before when the Taliban were about in full power ?

Why do you focus so much on SL ? Do you have friends or a personal connection there and thats the truth in your continued focus on that ?

• barry
    barry

Jeffro here are some quotes from the video, 'Sri Lanka Australian refugees the truth about why they come '

Reporter- 'Some Australian politicians believe Tamils are fleeing torture and persecution is that true?

Tamil- ' Its bullshit, its not like that once Sri Lankan refugees reach xmas island they have to give some answer why you come from your country, this is the easiest answer you can say for Tamils the army is torturing us'

Reporter- ' Did you intend to say the army is torturing you'?

Tamil 'Yes'

another Tamil quote, reporter 'Why do you want to go to Australia '

Tamil 'We are chasing a better life'

another Tamil ' To make money , to live a luxurious life'

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

More BS, assumptions, misrepresentations and lies from mP. I'm done here. I've wasted more time on you already than you deserve. Do your own damn research, and step outside of your [News] Limited little world.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

barry:

Jeffro here are some quotes from the video, 'Sri Lanka Australian refugees the truth about why they come '

Once again, you just cherry-picked bits that suit your own view (which you misquoted in a manner that distorts the context), based on the comments of a single individual (and what you quoted as "another Tamil" was actually from the same guy), which was clearly used in the interview to indicate that there are various motivations. No one in the interview said "we are chasing a better life" as you claimed, though one guy answered "yes" to a similar question.

Here are some other quotes from the same video (transcript here):

TIM: Until three years ago the Sri Lankan Navy was involved in the vicious civil war between the majority Sinhalese and minority Tamils. It lasted more than a quarter of a century. Most of the boat people are Tamil. The war may be over, the battle isn't.

KAMAHL: Those Tamils suspected, rightly or wrongly, of hoping for a land of their own and they are being literally stamped out. And so for them, it's the worst place on earth to be.

TIM: Kamahl is Tamil. He arrived in Australia in 1953.

KAMAHL: Well, I was one of the original boat people except I did have a visa.

TIM: He believes most Tamils have good reason to flee and Australia should welcome them.

KAMAHL: Any normal human being would not risk their lives getting on a leaky boat if things were safe.
  • barry
    barry

I don't care the least what Kamahl believes about this situation because he doesn't qualify as a witness . Kamahl has a bias because he is Tamil he is not on the ground in Sri Lanker and I don't know when he last visited the place. These people are hungry for money and are prepared to do anything for money. Kamahl left the question open ' why would they risk their lives in a leaky boat. I can tell you now they do it for money . Many business men won't deal with them. Take that that as a fact.

Quoting Kamahl is cherry picking at least try to quote the people on the ground in Sri Lankar

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

barry:

I don't care the least what Kamahl believes about this situation because he doesn't qualify as a witness . Kamahl has a bias because he is Tamil he is not on the ground in Sri Lanker and I don't know when he last visited the place. These people are hungry for money and are prepared to do anything for money.

He qualifies as a witness a hell of a lot better than you do.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

The text appears to be after 2009, but again it doesnt say things are so much worse now we have to leave. THe text also does not say the men mentioned had to leave because they feared for their lives. The do mention SL is not great and troubled but that is a big stretch to claim they were in fear for their lives !

they could have stopped in India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia and so on, and they would have been relatively safe. They came to Australia because Kevin made it easy. I dont blame them for trying, im just being honest, something you have a hard concept in admitting. Kevin opned the door and they took their chance.

You also have yet to tell or show why Afghans wanted or needed to leave after 2009 rather than before. If anyone country has hell on earth its Afhganistan and they had it really bad in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s with the Russians and taliban. WHy didnt they leave then ?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

You also have yet to tell or show why Afghans wanted or needed to leave after 2009 rather than before.

No. I don't. I don't have to do anything at all. You're a disrespectful lout not worthy of my time. I don't have to put up with your lies and insults. So get stuffed.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro:

here we go again, more bullshit victimisation because you cant back up your assertions about Afghanistan getting worse in 2009, which you know is a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit