Aust. Election in 1 week - A review of Kevin Rudd, PM

by fulltimestudent 197 Replies latest social current

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I don't like Tony Abbott, and I don't like his party's policies. I think Labor clearly has better policies in several areas.

I can't believe the amount of hatred that has surfaced with this election. A look around on other forums, FB etc and it seems as though anyone who isn't white and has a left wing opinion is being told they 'don't belong here' and to 'go back to where they came from'. A woman posts about concerns over available child care in the future and they are bombarded with responses like 'keep your legs together if you can't afford kids'.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

barry:

An idiot gets arrested trying to pose with the new PM and his family

It's okay. He can't be an intruder. He has a clipboard.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

He can't be an intruder. He has a clipboard.

He was on stage for a full minute. They would never have let him stay for so long if he didn't have the clipboard.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am very annoyed with the people whose vote was on the basis of all the misdirection

The most surprising result of the election is that the third most votes went to the Liberal Democratic Party, ahead of the Greens in the Senate. They have 20% of the votes of the Liberal party, most of which were unintentional due to their appearing first on the ballot paper. Their preferences are going to Pauline Hanson, so this misdirection will have an important affect on the outcome in the senate.

• brinjen
    brinjen

He can't be an intruder. He has a clipboard.

He was on stage for a full minute. They would never have let him stay for so long if he didn't have the clipboard.

Maybe they mistook him for Ray Martin.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwfacts:

Their preferences are going to Pauline Hanson, so this misdirection will have an important affect on the outcome in the senate.

There's a lot of redneck minor parties. As a result of their preferences, the senate gets disproportionately weighted toward the more mainstream right-wing parties.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The Coalition plans to 'stop (talking about) the boats' by imposing a media blackout on the number of arrivals.

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/coalition-to-impose-blackout-on-asylum-boats/story-fnho52ip-1226709828599

• barry
  • barry
    barry

Sorry this is the correct one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg7EfYGvGyg

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I couldn't hear him over that terrible music in the clip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit