Board of bitterness

by 1009 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

and if you didn't notice bad things going on around you, then you were either the one being bad to them or you were too busy licking labels to become a label

just saying

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

1009 - it is not that we hate JWs (many of us have lover ones who are JWs are who we view as victims though I can understand bitterness by ex-JWs once the realisation fot eh conditional nature of the love of their former broterhs and sisters and how disillusioning that could be for relatiosnhips going forward) it is the organisation and its methods that we hate. It seems you are still caught up in the WBTS thinking about the nature of truth - we resent them for saying they have the Truth because we think we have the Truth. What I resent is the way they prevent my loved one from being able to serach for the Truth - that is to be able to bojectively evaluate information and test its truthfulness, that is to have curisiosity and discover for oneself what we undersatnd to be true - rathe they start from the proposition that they have been told the Truth by the organization so they should close their minds to anything that is inconsisten with that truth. The WBTS either deliberately or inadvertently has committed a fraud against the membership robbing them of self-respect (and substituting the arrogance of a sense of superiority based on the belief that they have a monopoly on truth and causing them to judge their self-worth only by reference to the extent of their obedience to the organisation), time, a positive outlook on humanity, meaningful relationships based on unconditional love and aspirations to achieve one's human potential etc.

Oh how many ways can I count the reasons for hating that corrupt organisation. And why does the organisation do this? For the glory of the organisation itself by spreading its membership and its bizarre message. And how does it do it? By very effective methods of emotioanl and psychological manipulation honed over more than 100 years.

Am I bitter at the WBTS - you bet I am because my wife has more loyalty to that bunch of deceitful old men than she has for me and they ahve secured such loyalty by unfair means and it intrudes into all sorts of areas of our family life. I am learning to suck it up for my wife's sake and I am trying hard to do this but I will never be comfortable with her requirement that I remain silent and stop trying to tell her what to me is bleeding obvious because she is incapable of listening to and fairly assessing what I have to say because the old men have tricked her into believing that in tryin gto tell her something based on love and concern I am an instrument of Satan. Pretty crap by any standard I would say.

I hope I have answered your question.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

1009, your lack of compassion, insight or understanding is stunning.

I could explain it to you, but obviously I could never make you understand.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I just reread my psot and realised it is loaded with typos and incoherencies - just wanted to clarify that when I said 'we resent them for saying they have the Truth because we think we have the Truth' I was reflecting what you said nto waht we actually think - as I went on to say it is the claim to monopoly on the Truth and the damaging effect on the critical faculties (the abitlity to search for the truth and test claims of truthfulness) of JWs which I resent.

Honesty
    1009 has left the building.

Sorry, needed to spend some time with my (new) wife and slept during the night. Today I've to work. I will give some responses during the day, but one by one. There a lot of reactions here, I see I hit a snare. Is that correct English? English also is not my primary language, so I need some extra time to translate. I will try to response to each one of you. I see two very long replies, I appreciate that very much.

Now where did I stay? About here:

trujw
    Hey it is estimated only 200,000 people have died from not having blood since 1945. No big deal. Jim jones only killed what 2000 people. A close friend of mine had his dad die. He should just get over it. Murder is murder if children die that could have been saved. Sorry I'm not over it.

That is ofcourse a serious issue. It is very sad when people die. I understand that a person who not supports the blood doctrine, becomes bitter when a loved one dies after refusing blood.

I remember a time I red in the newspaper a JW died from refusing blood. Later it became clear that the sister would have died anyway, even if she had accepted blood. So I always have my doubts when I read somewhere that a JW died from not having blood: was that really the cause? Also: I still prefer blood free alternatives.

I do not know the estimates. I think that is an overestimate. http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-than-50000-dead.html comes to an estimate of 50,000. But I got to admit: that is still a lot.

For an outsider it will always seem unreasonable to refuse a threatment, and when someone dies it is easy to blame the organisation that defined the doctrine. When I would have refused blood, that would be because I believed their doctrine is right. Nobody forced me to believe that. I made a choice. Maybe a wrong one. But to call WTG murderers? No, I (still) don't agree with that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This board is filled with ex-JW. I see a lot of bitterness. Opponents. 'Apostates'. JW are soooo wrong. You guys are sooooo right.

Why are you such fierce opponents?

It's not about being sooooo right. Watchtower is about that, so many are showing themselves and others that Watchtower is not sooooo right.

Suffered injustice? The world is filled with that.

Pick your cause. If you want to save the whales or tell everyone about genetically modified foods, that is great. People here on this forum are about the thing that burned them. People on another website may be about something else. We are a bit strong and vocal because it is a dangerous mind-control cult we tangled with.

Unclear pedo-policy? Go to the court and blame the abusers.

That is happening. 99% of us, probably a fraction higher, have not been burned by the pedo-policy. But we are outraged that such a thing goes on. We support the victims and hope many get their day in court. Many never will. WTS is not innocent in this because the abusers are just members. They actively interfered with victims getting justice or the help they need, often disfellowshipping them.

No blood? I know more JW who died in car crashes than who died after refusing blood (non actually, in more than 30 years)

Yes, it rarely comes up. People rarely die in other circumstances, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore rollercoaster safety or not improve standards when a flaw is seen. The most terrible tragedy of the blood policy is forcing it upon children who muster up the braveness to declare that they decided this on their own to refuse blood and they have no clue that WTS is not sooooooo right on this.

They shun ex-JW? I don't miss them.

...and that's great. One of my best friends has adult children that he raised as JW's and they shun him. Many are in that same or a similar situation. My heart bleeds for them.

JW have their doctrines. What is the problem with that? Let them. Do you claim to know the truth?

I know "the lie" of Watchtower. That's enough.

Deep down, if you can walk away, walk away. Go enjoy the sun, the park, flowers, a good beverage. Put this forum and JW's way behind you. I hope to be there one day. After my JW mother passes away or leaves and my JW wife passes away or leaves or just stops going to the Kingdom Hall, I will probably only keep light contact with some great ex-JW friends I have made. Until then, I might hang around. But I get that the best thing for many is to go enjoy life. I try.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

1009, you sound like you are actually someone posing as no longer one of JW's when you are infact probably a high hour publisher who recently got involved in some form of wrongdoing that you are afraid to go to the brothers with. You think that coming here and challenging apostates and lashing disfellowshipped ones you are making an atonement for your sin that you are afraid to take before the brothers because of the damage it will cause your family...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you lied to your new wife 90% of your time together for 20-30 years and she found out, does she have a right to be bitter? Does she need to just get over it? If you are lied to and you are not bitter and angry on some level, or you see in justice and just say, " Oh, well..it happens all the time.", then there is something wrong with YOU. Having no natural affection or feelings is a big problem for JW's. It's why they can spend years of their lives handing out literature, and drinking coffee in a snowglobe world, but you will never see a dub volunteering at a homeless shelter, or a cancer ward for children.

You do sound like a poser, no offence. You came in with guns a blazin' and now you are backpeddling somewhat. You could just be a bit conflicted. That is totally natural as well. Coming here and venting may help you a lot. There are many great people here, and they are going through various stages of change and grief, and they come here to cope with it. There is nothing wrong with that.

OTWO, great points.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

1009: I see I hit a snare. Is that correct English?

No. Touched a nerve is more like it, and yes you have!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    They shun ex-JW? I don't miss them.

I really can agree with OP on this one! But of course I am Frosty ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit