Board of bitterness

by 1009 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Violia
    Violia

Don't worry, your bitterness is safe with me. ( shameless steal from Seinfeld).

I am bitter and not afraid to say so. the years of my life I won't ever get back ! Tmrw I may feel less bitter- it is a process.

Merciless taskmasters.

Allow those to grieve who need to. Venting helps.

• Vanderhoven7
  • freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Maybe you are in a state of denial?

There is no way of getting around going through a grieving after leaving the religion (if you were really 'in' for any length of time), and for some it involves more venting than for others, and in different ways... you cannot deny that the religion leaves a 'bitter' taste. Intensify the feeling for each loss..be it a loved one, sqaushed talent, etc etc. Each of these a blow. A kick in the gut. Come to us by living the best way we knew at the time. Our minds..our souls were messed with, for crying out loud

There has to be anger somewhere in the healing, and sadness, and yes, bitterness... at least some..at least at some time..

...and this is coming from someone who wears rose-coloured glasses most days...

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

I always was a critical JW, and still am pretty critical, can't you tell, now DF and agnost.

Fixed that for ya.

They shun ex-JW? I don't miss them.

That's nice that you don't. Not everyone is YOU, though. I used to beg my counsellor to teach me how to utterly and completely turn off my VERY HUMAN EMOTIONS of loving my family and missing them. I'd gladly pay for a surgery to remove those pieces of my heart and mind.

I may not know "the truth" to the universe and everything in it, but I know my truth. And I would never deem to tell anyhow how to think or feel or act, especially an ex-JW. Telling others how to think or feel or act is very reminiscent of a certain cult, don't you think? Hmm.

I agree with TD:

Your word choices and reliance upon personal perspective when it comes to total strangers are both interesting.
  • Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Spot a narcissist on the first date:

http://youtu.be/jYP9JShyXAc

• gbrn
    gbrn

I really liked Simons comment about this being a great place to vent. Because of that it may not readily be apparent that someone has moved on more or less. Plus as others have pointed out, we are all at different stages in this process. Im still relatively new to leaving the religion, and it helps me tremendously to read comments of others. All of my family is IN and will have nothing to do with me since 3 years ago. I thought by just stopping and not getting DFd I could avoid being shunned. Boy was I wrong! And the few friends Ive made since Ive left really cant relate or dont have much interest in talking about a wacky religion. This forum can be great therapy when used appropriately and respectfully. Ive hesitated to take part in posting for quite some time due to the occasional petty arguments and passive aggressive insults toward other users (but thats unavoidable online), but after "lurking" (hate that term, it sounds so creepy) for awhile it seems to me the majority of users here are sincere and are in this together - for which I am very, very greatful for. Bring on the bitterness, haha!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i'm bitter and twisted

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

1009 - OK. So this is your opinion. ''Bitterness'' is how you describe the reaction people have after learnig TTATT.

Your analogies are patronising and offensive.

I am offended by your arrogance.

Possibly this is a deliberate tactic on your part to troll the board and I've just fallen foul of your plan, I don't know.

OK. You seem to think you have the superior view, answer me this:

My JW wife and daughter walked out on me after I was booted out of the corporation for 'apostacy(TM)'. I tried to fade but the elders hounded me. My loving family is now broken apart. My other 2 children have been on meds as a result of the break up that I didn't ask for. A break up that was fired by the watchtower's hatred of 'apostates(TM)'.

Tell me....................how do I deal with this? Just laugh it off? Blank out the pain because sh1t happens according to you?

Well? Come on I'm ready!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

1009 has left the building.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

@1009 ... there is ONE particular reason why I hate this cult (not necessarily the people in it mind!):

- I have been lied to for 35 years ... now if you get lied to by other people and are NOT a bit mad after such a long periode of time you are probably non-human. Also... these lies have had a huge impact in me as a person and all the things I absolutely missed by being a jdub. What makes things worth: I was worthless for most youngsters that were inside the cult as well... so... yeah... I have the absolute right to be pissed!

Also... seen from your words you probably have no people that you "miss" ... well ... you probably have no one in this cult like wife, kids and other relatives...

If you DO then you are probably an emotionless person who does not give a shit about people that are being lied to.

I am sorry to state it that way but in this case I just wanted to be perfectly clear...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit