Board of bitterness

by 1009 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

I always was a critical JW, now DF and agnost.
    But still this religion fascinates me. In my eyes most JW are very sincere, but dumb sheep.

This board is filled with ex-JW. I see a lot of bitterness. Opponents. 'Apostates'. JW are soooo wrong. You guys are sooooo right.

Why are you such fierce opponents?

• Suffered i njustice? The world is filled with that.
    • Unclear pedo-policy? Go to the court and blame the abusers.
    • No blood? I know more JW who died in car crashes than who died after refusing blood (non actually, in more than 30 years)
    • They shun ex-JW? I don't miss them.
    • JW have their doctrines. What is the problem with that? Let them. Do you claim to know the truth?
      • No: Then you cannot judge who is right or wrong
      • Yes: Then you are no better than JW
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm not really bitter anymore. I was bitter about 10 years ago when I found this place. Now it's just more of a frustration with my two family members who are in.

I think everyone here is at a different stage in their recovery. Give them a break. Some of them have been very hurt by their families and the organization. Broken limbs don't heal overnight, and scarring takes years to fade even just a little bit.

• TD
    TD

Your word choices and reliance upon personal perspective when it comes to total strangers are both interesting. Many people never fully leave this religion mentally no matter how long they're out.

• label licker
    label licker

Is helping others a sin? I'm glad this board is here for I would of been roving aimlessly trying to find that abundance of truth which jw's do not have. THANK YOU JW NET!!!!!

If you were a JW, you should know damn well why people are "bitter." I don't think you're sincere and I think that you started this thread to rile people up.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

1009:

JW have their doctrines. What is the problem with that? Let them.

JWs try to infect other people with their 'doctrines'. If they just stayed in their own insular little world without spreading lies to other people and without using emotional blackmail to retain members, it probably wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Do you claim to know the truth?

Typical of JW claims, you make reference to "the truth", as if there is necessarily some absolute 'truth'.

I know enough facts to know that JWs are definitely wrong. It's basic math.

The absolutism of your conclusion is irrelevant.

• Comatose
    Comatose

If everyone here on this board was free to leave and just express themselves then there would be no bitterness as you mention. When you have your family taken from you and are either forced to not talk about your feelings or talk and then lose everyone you know then I would imagine its natural to be upset about that. So yeah, there is bitterness and sadness and some negativity. Because this board is our outlet. it is the only place we can argue or talk.

Although I argue with christian fundamentalists on here often, I hold no ill will for them. I cherish my freedom to speak my mind on here without reprisals or losing my whole life just because I disagree and state it.

It is human nature to feel hurt when bullied and abused... I am surprised you find that so hard to understand.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I'm not bitter, I'm happy!

My motivation towards Jehovah's Witnesses is completely benevolent even though they insist on lyingly saying every sort of wicked thing about me!

Matthew 5:11-12

"Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

abe

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

1009:

Suffered i njustice? The world is filled with that.

That's a quite stupid response. Unless you are claiming that no one in any situation should ever feel bitter about any injustice they personally experience?

A woman is raped? Oh well, people get raped all the time.

Someone's family gets murdered? Oh well, people get murdered all the time.

Brilliant logic.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Why shouldn't we have bitter feelings towards this cult that took so much from us? Our "bitterness" on these boards have helped many doubting JW's to walk away from the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit