Board of bitterness

by 1009 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks for sharing your meaningless opinion with us, 1009. Your lack of empathy and defense of wickedness has been noted.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

while i truly believe u can think what u want, you were obviously either closing your eyes or not in the loop those 30 yrs...bullying and abuse is a regular thing. maybe its all religion. i dont know. dont plan on finding out. i do know u are wrong on that point. its not the minority. Most just keep it hush hush to stay out of the "back room". But by all means, live in your fantasy world. We are all entitled to one :) Enjoy!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Doesn't fit.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

btw...i did not keep it hush hush...they leave me alone ;)

label licker
    It's pretty sad when [...] So now, what's your story and why are you here?

Sad things happen. I feel sorry for you. Sad things happened to me too. I got over it. Furthermore, I cannot blame an organisation for mistakes or even crimes of individuals.

LisaRose
    If you have left the dubs, why are you coming here, repeating the same, tired lies the Watchtower likes to peddle? I heard for years the that all apostates are bitter, unhappy, evil people. I was quite surprised to find a lot of nice people here. Yes, people come here to talk about their experiences as Witnesses, but what is wrong with that? It was a big part of our lives, and when we were in we couldn't say these things. So what if we want to complain? No one is forcing you to read it.

I am actually very happy in my life, I have moved on, but at the same time I still have an interest. I leave for years, then check back in. I am glad I found out about the Candace Conti verdict and got to see the hilarious deaf masturbation and Sparlock videos. Stick around, you might learn something.

Like I said: it still fascinates me. It was my life as well. And JW still fascinate me, opponents as well. Why do people think the way they think? Isn't that awesome to unraffle? And I saw interesting stuff on this board, allready when I was still active. And I do believe that there are nice people here. I just have the feeling that some of them still cannot find any rest. Like I did.

joyfulfader
    you were obviously either closing your eyes or not in the loop those 30 yrs...bullying and abuse is a regular thing. maybe its all religion. i dont know. dont plan on finding out. i do know u are wrong on that point. its not the minority. Most just keep it hush hush to stay out of the "back room".

I was a happy JW and I did all what I did because I believed it was right. It turned out to be wrong and now I am out. Goodbye WTG. We had a nice time together, not anymore.

I just don't understand that so many of you had very different experiences. The way you describe it, it almost is like you talk about another religion, not the one I knew.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Of course we all had different experiences. Depends on the circles you were part of, the people you knew as well as your status and the status of your family. The familiar illustration of the blind men describing an elephant. We only see the parts we are exposed to. It's great that you don't have residual effects but deciding for everyone else that they have no right to feel them is irrational and unproductive. I come to the board because I can keep up with the latest JW thinking. It's helpful since I haven't been to a kh in 2 years. I stay in the loop of the latest "light" so when my parents mention something I know what they are speaking of. Keeps me ahead of the game without dealing with the org. Perhaps being less critical of the pain of others would better you as a person now that you are out and happy. Perhaps you could use that happiness and freedom to encourage and inspire others rather than perpetuate the guilt. Some are just bitter and out to incite discord. Do you enjoy being one of them? Just curious.

• Honesty
    Honesty

1009, have you considered seeking professional counseling?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    The way you describe it, it almost is like you talk about another religion, not the one I knew.

I imagine the one you knew was a nice safe KH with essentially nice people. If you had been the victim of the kinds of injustice experienced by many on this board, you might be more sympathetic. Well, I'm glad things weren't so awful for you. It's rather nice to know that not everyone suffered so much.

On the other hand, many have suffered a lot of damage from their years in the org. If you're fascinated with the JW religion, you might try learning about the kinds of wounds that were inflicted by the wtbts and its members, and how that damage affects a person's life.

joyfulfader
    Of course we all had different experiences. Depends on the circles you were part of, the people you knew as well as your status and the status of your family. The familiar illustration of the blind men describing an elephant. We only see the parts we are exposed to. It's great that you don't have residual effects but deciding for everyone else that they have no right to feel them is irrational and unproductive.I come to the board because I can keep up with the latest JW thinking. It's helpful since I haven't been to a kh in 2 years. I stay in the loop of the latest "light" so when my parents mention something I know what they are speaking of. Keeps me ahead of the game without dealing with the org.
    Perhaps being less critical of the pain of others would better you as a person now that you are out and happy. Perhaps you could use that happiness and freedom to encourage and inspire others rather than perpetuate the guilt. Some are just bitter and out to incite discord. Do you enjoy being one of them? Just curious.

Allthough I have no family or friends inside, I recognize that 'need' to be up-to-date.

But you are right: who am I to diminish to feelings of others? I just had other experiences and from what I experienced it is hard to understand the bitterness. I am trying, but maybe just to sober.

Maybe I can just add another perspective to this board: it wasn't all that bad. I did have a very good time as a JW, and I am sure many do have a good time today as well. So from my point of reasoning: why bother them?

Honesty
    1009, have you considered seeking professional counseling?

Not a single second.

Hortensia
    I imagine the one you knew was a nice safe KH with essentially nice people. If you had been the victim of the kinds of injustice experienced by many on this board, you might be more sympathetic. Well, I'm glad things weren't so awful for you. It's rather nice to know that not everyone suffered so much.
    On the other hand, many have suffered a lot of damage from their years in the org. If you're fascinated with the JW religion, you might try learning about the kinds of wounds that were inflicted by the wtbts and its members, and how that damage affects a person's life.

I've seen a lot of congregations in my 30 years, also in the foreign language field. Yes, essentially nice people. Dumb, but nice. Some morons. I did have my conflicts with several elders, but they're too just humans. I cannot blame them for being like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit