Board of bitterness

by 1009 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

But abstaining from blood, is not a medical advice.

Incorrect.

If you wish to educate yourself, read this article and verify the wt literature quotes.

freeflyingfaerie
    Maybe you are in a state of denial?

There is no way of getting around going through a grieving after leaving the religion (if you were really 'in' for any length of time), and for some it involves more venting than for others, and in different ways... you cannot deny that the religion leaves a 'bitter' taste. Intensify the feeling for each loss..be it a loved one, sqaushed talent, etc etc. Each of these a blow. A kick in the gut. Come to us by living the best way we knew at the time. Our minds..our souls were messed with, for crying out loud

There has to be anger somewhere in the healing, and sadness, and yes, bitterness... at least some..at least at some time..

...and this is coming from someone who wears rose-coloured glasses most days...

Hi freeflyingfaerie,

I do not have the idea I am in a state of denial. My experience is just different. Is that really so hard to accept?

gbrn
    I really liked Simons comment about this being a great place to vent. Because of that it may not readily be apparent that someone has moved on more or less. Plus as others have pointed out, we are all at different stages in this process. Im still relatively new to leaving the religion, and it helps me tremendously to read comments of others. All of my family is IN and will have nothing to do with me since 3 years ago. I thought by just stopping and not getting DFd I could avoid being shunned. Boy was I wrong! And the few friends Ive made since Ive left really cant relate or dont have much interest in talking about a wacky religion. This forum can be great therapy when used appropriately and respectfully. Ive hesitated to take part in posting for quite some time due to the occasional petty arguments and passive aggressive insults toward other users (but thats unavoidable online), but after "lurking" (hate that term, it sounds so creepy) for awhile it seems to me the majority of users here are sincere and are in this together - for which I am very, very greatful for. Bring on the bitterness, haha!

Hi gbrn,

I agree on the 'venting' part: it is important that one has a place where he can vent his feelings. This board is a great place and I saw many interesting topics. I'll just ignore the 'petty arguments and passive aggresive insults'.

You are not DF but got shun? That is not what is taught. But I have heard it before. It sucks.

punkofnice
    My JW wife and daughter walked out on me after I was booted out of the corporation for 'apostacy(TM)'. I tried to fade but the elders hounded me. My loving family is now broken apart. My other 2 children have been on meds as a result of the break up that I didn't ask for. A break up that was fired by the watchtower's hatred of 'apostates(TM)'.

Tell me....................how do I deal with this? Just laugh it off? Blank out the pain because sh1t happens according to you?

Well? Come on I'm ready!!!

Hi punkofnice,

You're obviously hurt. Leaving an apostate spouse is not what is taught, at least not in the JW literature. You have any reason to be bitter. I do not know how to deal with such pain. And I am not the right person to give you any advice in that matter, because I walked out on my wife.

But I will tell you what I think. First of all: you too have to move on living! Like you said you would do: "I'm moving on." But I also understand that it is an emotional rollercoaster. Now that you finally don't have the WT yoke, you must enjoy life where you can. Ofcourse you cannot laugh it off, but a sense of humor might help. Find empatic friends and vent your feelings, this board is a great place for that.

Actually I think that you are well on your way. Maybe further than you realize. But it is all still pretty recent, and the wounds will take time to heal.

rebel8But abstaining from blood, is not a medical advice. Incorrect.
    If you wish to educate yourself, read this article and verify the wt literature quotes.

Their primary motivation is based on their understanding of the Bible.
    Meanwhile they evidently have misquoted medical literature to support their view.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

I am not a JW never have been and never will. They live in cloud cookoo land just left of bullshit mountain!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi1009!

I am not disfellowshiped nor did I dissasociate myself. But like you I lost my faith in God and everything just became academic to me. I did not plan to "fade" but it just occured naturally because I had no friends in the congregation & I gradually lost interest in going. The years passed with no armageddon & my doubts began to grow.

My wonderful, dear Mom died a painful death 13 years ago-I blamed Jehovah for her suffering. I grew angry at god and it lasted many years. But I am pretty much over that now. I lost all interest in the Bible and don't want to be involved in any religion.

I felt like an outsider mainly because most in the congregation were families, and I was alone. And I come from a Jewish background, nobody else in the congregation did. I had no close friends there and some accused me of being unfaithful because I did not get any of my relatives to come in the truth. But Jewish people do not believe in Jesus, Judaism teaches that we do not need a mediator or anyone to die to cover our sins. My relatives have no interest in Jesus and see jws as just another cult.

I have a brother who studied before me. He and his wife are pioneers, but do not stay in touch with me since I will not attend meetings. There is just nothing there to draw me to it-too boring!

I don't believe in much anymore. But I don't hate jws and still read the publications.

I wanted to make a career of printing since High School and while that did not work out for me I still have an interest in it and am fascinated and interested and impressed by the society's printing operations.

Yes, I am trying to get rid of my negativity, although the gb's talk on human apostates angers me because I am NOT an apostate yet my brother & sister-in-law treat me like one and shun me . This new gb detests anyone who for any reason stops coming to meetings and their arogance is disgusting to me.

I'm glad Michel that things have worked out well for you and you have found happiness. I hope I can someday!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I do not have the idea I am in a state of denial.

And that's why it's called denial lol..... I'm just giving you a hard time, now

My experience is just different. Is that really so hard to accept?

I respect that

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

punkofnice - I really feel for you - what happened to you and your family sucks big time. The WBTS is so damaging and it is upsetting when people deny that. Take care

• Narcissistic Supply
  • Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

1099, RE: "Their primary motivation is based on their understanding of the Bible."

Holy crap bro. The primary motivation is 800 Million of Real estate laundering.

Next!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Their primary motivation is based on their understanding of the Bible.
    Meanwhile they evidently have misquoted medical literature to support their view.

Primary motivation is irrelevant to this discussion.

You said they did not give medical advice.

I provided you with direct evidence that they did indeed give medical advice--many times in fact, and continue to do so today.

It's getting harder and harder to defend them, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit