Board of bitterness

by 1009 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Able bodied man,

Wow, the perfect use of a Jesus quote. You may still feel messed up by the JWs but in reality you are a very advanced person here. Jesus Christ quoted for good purpose and with no spin - that I can detect in two seconds. Way to Go.

• label licker
    label licker

It's pretty sad when you have to ask the co to df you in order that you can appeal it because the elders are so corrupt and cover up a family's illigal activity and then you find out your accusers are that whole family's relatives who can't remember jack! That the co wouldn't allow me to get df'd knowing that the next committee would see this was just BS! And all this gave them the right to rip my family away from which they did just by public reproofing me as well as df'ing my spouse. So now, what's your story and why are you here?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you have left the dubs, why are you coming here, repeating the same, tired lies the Watchtower likes to peddle? I heard for years the that all apostates are bitter, unhappy, evil people. I was quite surprised to find a lot of nice people here. Yes, people come here to talk about their experiences as Witnesses, but what is wrong with that? It was a big part of our lives, and when we were in we couldn't say these things. So what if we want to complain? No one is forcing you to read it.

I am actually very happy in my life, I have moved on, but at the same time I still have an interest. I leave for years, then check back in. I am glad I found out about the Candace Conti verdict and got to see the hilarious deaf masturbation and Sparlock videos. Stick around, you might learn something.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm bitter but with a hint of lime.

Don't mistake people needing to vent with people being bitter.

And if you're right, why is such a 'loving organisation' producing so many bitter people? People are usually bitter because of their experiences.

• label licker
    label licker

LOL! Nice one Simon. See, I'm not bitter

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

People who suffer real spiritual and emotional trauma have a right to be bitter .

People who have 20-30 members of their close family shun them just because they don't go to meetings

have a very good reason to be VERY angry and motivated.

A normal human has a hard time ever letting go when they lose family even after 30 yrs .

Some are motivated by love to warn others about the cult .

If you were a JW, you should know damn well why people are "bitter."

I was all the way in, and honestly don't understand these bitterness. I was a happy JW, and now happy that I am out. No regrets though.

Jeffro
    Typical of JW claims, you make reference to "the truth", as if there is necessarily some absolute 'truth'.
    I know enough facts to know that JWs are definitely wrong. It's basic math.

I don't believe in an absolute truth anymore. And yes, JW are definitly wrong. But I cannot blame JW for what the believe.

Comatose
    It is human nature to feel hurt when bullied and abused... I am surprised you find that so hard to understand.

"Bullied and abused"? Sure, individuals make mistakes, so there certainly will be people who got bullied and abused. But I am convinced that that is a minority. I didn't see or hear about any bullying or abuse in the 30 years I was in.

Suffered injustice? The world is filled with that.
    JeffroThat's a quite stupid response. Unless you are claiming that no one in any situation should ever feel bitter about any injustice they personally experience? A woman is raped? Oh well, people get raped all the time.
    Someone's family gets murdered? Oh well, people get murdered all the time.
    Brilliant logic.

OK, you might have a point there.

ablebodiedman I could keep quiet however, that would trouble my conscience.

So, they judge you. Now you judge them. You are no better.

• whathappened
    whathappened

You bet I am bitter. I was raised in his crazy cult and didn't find out it was a shame untill I was 57. Every decision I made in my whole life was based on a false premise that Armageddon was coming at any minute. I was devout. Now it is too late. Not only that, I raised my only child in the cult and she is now raising my grandson in it. I can't get them out! At any moment they can decide to shun me as I have told her I think it is BS.

Yes, I hate the Watchtower Society.

• rebel8
    rebel8

No blood? I know more JW who died in car crashes than who died after refusing blood (non actually, in more than 30 years)

Ok. Sooo...what does the fact that it didn't happen to as many people as [fill in the blank with tragedy du jour] mean for me? Let me answer that--other people's tragedies have NO impact on mine.

Bitter? You betcha, and that's a perfectly normal, legitimate response. Healthy even.

A person who retains not a twinge of anger towards people who abuse and try to murder her is either a big fat liar or really f@^#*d up herself.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good points, 1009. Still, I like the fact that people can come to this board to blow off steam about the things in your bulleted list. Gotta love the internet and the freedom it affords us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit