Shocking talk from 2013 District Convention urges parents to shun disfellowshipped children

by cedars 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Warped reasoning.

Thanks Cedars!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

They never admit that a person has to decide to shun a family member. A person may leave the religion they grew up in because they no longer believe it but the family decide to shun them. No-one asks to be shunned. They don't leave their family, they leave their religion. Why do they persist in saying that the decision was made by the one who is shunned! Makes me think of people who abuse and torture victims, I have heard that they say, why are you making me do this to you?

• wordyword
    wordyword

My life has been ruined. My parents are both in their 80's and after listening to this talk, along with other recent wt articles have cut me off. I'm in my early 40's and to be honest, have had occasions when I've been tempted to commit suicide or have had suicidal thoughts. Goodness knows how many younger people have done this. Does anyone have any stats on this?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Sick, sick moth#$%#ckers! Sick, zombified a$$holes!

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

He sounds a little like Kermit the Frog. I love how he does the mocking idiot voice for coworkers who can't believe JWs shun their kids. As if the coworkers are the ones deserving of ridicule for being shocked that someone would shun their own family.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great work CEDARS!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cedars, you put SHOCKING in the title and admit putting this video together made you feel sick. You and other posters here feel so strongly about this shunning issue, so I want to apologize to the world for a few Judicial cases I was on where the person was disfellowshipped. I am aware of what happened to those individuals and I know they are not being shunned today.

I am happy that I didn't contribute more to anyone's shunning after reading how passionate and angry you and others are about contributing to shunning.

If I were to be the cause, a contributing cause, or a major player in encouraging shunning, I would understand people's anger with me and accept my blame without excuses or attempts to shift the blame. But that is not the case with me. Whoa, I am glad of that.

This excellent video shows how rotten WTS really is and should remind us how shunning can destroy families, so we want to never be a party to causing / contributing to it.

• laverite
    laverite

So very sick and twisted. This cult has much to answer for.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Excellent work Cedars.

Somebody you make a good point there about the scriptures he used.

I can't watch the clip myself, detoxing myself WT.

Can someone post the scriptures so I can look them up please.

• bennyk
    bennyk

“No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.” ( July 2009 Awake! p29)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit