Shocking talk from 2013 District Convention urges parents to shun disfellowshipped children

by cedars 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

Sure did! This was total CRUELTY that was preached that Sunday. I wanted to punch all the "Walking Dead" Borgs in the face because they truly believe this crap!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That is truly a shocking talk. Everyone involved with it should be ashamed of themselves: the ones who wrote it, the GB who approved it, the brothers who deliver it, and us ordinary Witnesses who fail to speak out against it. Truly disgusting.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

A thought to Disfellowshipping...whether it be your family or a friend..Let's read Matt. 13:24-30 24 Another illustration he set before them, saying: “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man that sowed fine seed in his field. 25 While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat, and left. 26 When the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds appeared also. 27 So the slaves of the householder came up and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it come to have weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ They said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29 He said, ‘No; that by no chance, while collecting the weeds, ? YOU ? uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the harvest season I will tell the reapers, First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up, then go to gathering the wheat into my storehouse.’” The witnesses claim it's biblical because of 1 Cor. 5:1, this is a specific incident. A man is sleeping with his Mother-in-Law & it's mentioned that type of sexual immorality is the kind the pagans do not tolerate, now let's go to Lev. 18:8: The nakeness of your father's wife you must not lay bare. It is your father's nakedness. Lev. has all the rules to who you should or should not sleep with..very specific..

Look at the illustration of teh weeds & the wheat Matt. 13:24-30, This illustration Jesus gave indicates there is danger in removing the weeds from the wheat field, even when you know absolutely which is weed & which is wheat. Could there be a greater purpose for weeds & wheat to dwell together until the harvest ? Leaving them together they both stuggle to survival. It's possible some of the wheat can be choked out, but by the same token struggle produces strength. Do Christians need to be able to deal with these kinds of problems and build strength while doing? If we nver have to answer questions of why we do what we do and do so without the minister intervening, what kind of strength are we building?

I think this would be a good defense if anyone comes up against being disfellowshipped, even it the ORG. still disfellowships you, family or friend, by bringing out what you have just read...it will leave the elders with something to think about, & like the truth, they'll never forget it.

It's easy to say it's scriptual until it's your turn....I hope that I may not be disfellowshipped but if so, they can shun me all they want, but no man or organization should keep a person from God. God nevers shuns, even if at times we shun him, he will wait for us patiently, just like the prodigal son. Did he Shun David, Paul, etc....David committed adultery & killed, & today we are still reading his Psalms. Man loves to ostersize.

These folks are going to have answer to God...of that we can depend on...or at least I hope so...how do they interpret do not judge or else you'll be judged?

Just something to think about.

Be Well,

Legacy

• nugget
    nugget

God wants loyalty he wants to be put before a father, mother and children.

The wrongdoer changed his relationship with Jehovah and the family. It is their fault that we no longer speak to them. So the fact that the society directs family members not to associate with them is irrelevant. The fact that the disfellowshipped one still has affection for family and is not shunning them is irrelevent.

If he had remained faithful he would have a relationship with his family. So his relationship with family is conditional on shared belief. There is no relationship seperate from the religion no unconditional love.

Respect the decision. Even when it hasd been arbitrary and unjust.

Wanting to associate with family is a motivating factor to reinstatement. So belief in god is not necessary to be reinstated.

Even young oners who are disfellowshipped have a weak relationship with Jehovah. What the heck, young ones who are not old enough to marry or vote are made responsible for their own shunning because their relationship was weak. If it was so weak why didn't the elders detect this and refuse permission for them to get baptised in the first place.

When reinstated how would you feel if they asked why weren't you loyal to Jehovah. So in this fictitious world the newly reinstated person chastises their parents for a lack of loyalty. What if they never choose to be reinstated?

If we have greater affection for family members than for Jesus we are not worthy of him. I would suggest that anyone who expects their followers to be cold and hard hearted is not worthy of worship.

I like the way this talk centres around loyalty to God and Jesus rather than loyalty to the GB. In any other setting it is loyalty to the GB that is most important but in order to hate family members you have to go straight to the top.

• wasblind
    wasblind

There are three ways that keep Jehovah's Witnesses enslaved

1) The threat of separation from thier loved ones

2) Control thier minds regularly to the point where they accept that thier best interest

are served by doin' what the " boys in brooklyn " bid

3) And punish those who use freewill to choose and use thier brains

While the threat of separation from loved ones can condition most witnesses to bend

The control of thier minds often make the threat unnecessary

A "Good Jehovah's Witness " is a brainwashed Jehovah's Witness

who accepts their fate without the slightest outward sign of displeasure

as dictated by " The Boys in Brooklyn "

Jehovah's Witnesses are said to be the " Happiest " people on earth

Trust. The methods the WTS use didn't come from the Bible

It came from the Ol' southern slave master

Who applied the Bible later on to justify the need for free labor

It's business. Nothin' more

• Mum
    Mum

Yet another rising narcissist. Sane people need to refuse to give in to narcissists and let them suffer instead of allowing them to make us suffer.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wow. Just wow.

Any know if this guy nibble and sips? Sounds like a governing body kiss ass.

And what an annoying voice that guy has. Intolerable.

• Mum
    Mum

While I was listening to this garbage, I thought about a story I heard about a young girl (She was 12 years old, if I recall correctly) who was raped by a neighbor and disfellowshipped. So every family member is required to:

1. Blame the victim.

2. Not blame an all-powerful being who did not step in to help a child who was being raped. A CHILD!

3. Accept and respect(!) the decision of the ape men who disfellowship her, causing her more pain.

4. Remember that if she commits suicide, it's her own fault for "sinning."

Every kingdom hall should be picketed during every meeting from now on.

How can these people sleep at night, knowing what they're doing to people?

• poppers
  • Thor
    Thor

sickening

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit