Shocking talk from 2013 District Convention urges parents to shun disfellowshipped children

by cedars 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    It's surprising he acknowledged that many want to get reinstated simply to associate with family and friends.

In other words, the religion itself does not have enough appeal to bring a person back. The only power the WT has to re-capture someone is the emotional blackmail of keeping the active JW family held hostage to a fictional judicial arrangement.

The real reason for DF becomes readily apparent- all you have to do is listen to what's being said.

WT would rather have phony JWs than none at all.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@CONFUSEDANDALONE - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with you on that one!!!

I visited the Sunday part of the "ASS-embly". These "mofos" are bilking out COMPLETE control over everyone. I sat there and made every face under the sun with pure disgust!!

I cannot belive that I ever was fed this bull**** and swallowed it like it was liqiud gold!!!! The Sunday Watchtower on marriage was hideous, as hell! And the talk from the brother representing Bethel.............. he was a TRUE MOFO!!! He was so daming and had all the BORGS shaking in their pants with his talk! I swear, he looked like the guy from the J.G. Wentworth commercials. It just amazed me how in this 2013, in this 21st century that people are still amazed and in awe with this Jim Jones rhetoric!

@JW07 - EXACTLY!!! It takes a 'simple' MENTALLY DISEASED a$$h*le to give ANY of these discourses!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

This pisses me off big!! As soon as he gets off the stage I'd stuff fresh dog shit in his mouth...make him swallow it all..thats why I cannot go to any JW convention or meeting. I'd end up in jail over these f---krs, in the moment of anger.... ugh..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This bro who gave this talk sounds like he is trying out or auditioning for a chair on the GB. If he ever makes it to being a GB I pity the poor rank and file this guy is totally loonie in a very erie sort of way, and he really knows how to use the corporation sock puppet Jehovah to motivate cruelty to family members in the guise of loyalty.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks Cedars... Wow - heavy stuff. I assume that this is pretty much a manuscript talk so will be given pretty much word for word at all the DCS.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" this guy is totally loonie in a very erie sort of way" --- the funny thing is anyone who had the outline would be willing to regurgitate this same crap with a smile... honestly when your mind is truly on pleasing the org you don't really look for truth in those outlines. All you are thinking is deliver it in a way that will make you look good...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well nothing impresses than by targeting the disfellowshipped, and a good bout with what loyalty to God REALLY is. This is just terrible. I imagine people who are sitting there struggling with feeling toward their children, thinking Jehovah himself is telling them something through this talk. It is such a shame.

The sad thing is Cedars, I think Stephen really believes this. It isn't a matter of a heart of stone. He sincerely believes that God wants him to inform others that their very loyalty is at stake, and that obedience to the wishes or decisions of the elders is what matters.

The true believers are the most dangerous.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

>> Shocking talk from 2013 District Convention urges parents to shun disfellowshipped children <<

that's friggin awesome!!! total awesomeness.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I wonder how many in the audience were crying at the reminder of not being allowed to talk to their family member(s), I'm so angry at this, I can feel my heart racing.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Have to reiterate my thoughts from my own convention, as posted on my previous convention thread. Sadly my music was not up loud enough to drown out this particular talk on Saturday...

"They also blamed "unbelieving family members" for causing division. So...whose religious leaders tell who to shun who here? Is there something difficult to understand about your own policies? Why do you think you can tell people the opposite of the truth (a lie) and--okay. It's a lie--family members are typically baffled and legitimately concerned when their relative's religion causes them to start withdrawing from the family like they've got a disease. I guess I called to mind how they railroaded the late Ray Franz, who was kind enough to write good articles giving family members a chance to reconnect with DF'd relatives. A shame. Shame on them.

"The wrongdoer has changed his relationship with Jehovah and thus his family members." "The DF'd person chose to leave Jehovah and us." <--That one really pissed me off. The DF'd person left a religion and did NOT leave his family, his family abandons him, shuns HIM. The religion tells the family to shun HIM, not the other way around. If a family member is to be held hostage by the dictates of the religion for fear of losing his family, well, "Let's review: It's a cult!""

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit