Shocking talk from 2013 District Convention urges parents to shun disfellowshipped children

by cedars 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
  • Partisan
    Partisan

reason #566,048,372 why we need to cast off the shackles of organized religion. RISE UP AND OVERTHROW YOUR OPPRESSORS!

Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone from the last church, falls on the last priest.

--Emile Zola

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Cedars my friend, I don't know how you pull this off but: Well made.

I am against organized (and unorganized) religion, but I like the cathedrals and churches for historical purposes. Some of them have great pieces of art and are part of human development (for the better or worse). The crutch has done its purpose, but no need to throw it away.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Cedars,

That kind of emotional blackmail and institutional manipulation needs to be herarlded from as many roof tops as possible.

Can I use this video on my blog?

Marvin Shilmer

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

In contract with this shocking talk - according to their website (jw.org) JWs do NOT Shun:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

• Partisan
    Partisan

Bluepill2, I am not saying we need to get rid of the aesthetic contributions of religious belief. Instead, I am calling for the removal by any means necessary the human clergy element, in all its forms, who operate in an entitled position to control what people think, feel and understand. For that is the among the greatest crimes of civilization - the bondage and repression of the human intellect.

• cedars
    cedars

Marvin, by all means - spread it far and wide. The guy virtually admits that disfellowshipping is emotional blackmail in his talk.

I felt sick putting this video together. I have an unnerving feeling that Steven Bell who gave the talk will end up as a member of the Governing Body. I don't care how indoctrinated you are, you need a heart of stone to give a talk like this.

Cedars

• Partisan
    Partisan

Shunning your own flesh and blood due to a theological difference isn't an act of loyalty.....

...it's an act of lunacy.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

I am absolutely disgusted.

Merriam Webster's definition of shun: " to avoid deliberately and especially habitually ". There is no other way around this but absolute bullsh*t.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Partisan, I absolutely agree with your notion of absolute removal of human representatives as God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit