You atheist really annoyed me

by confusedandalone 226 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Simon, if that's the case, then we have a stand-off at best.

Science cannot prove that God is inexistent ; Theism cannot prove that God exists.

Therefore I would also say that atheism also relies on an impossibility of proving a negative as well. I feel that agnosticism and apatheism make a lot more sense than atheism.

Eden

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

i still want someone to give me a logical answer as to why god doesn't just tell everyone what he wants instead of just a small group of people. There can be no logical reason for thisI

• cofty
    cofty

Eden - PM

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Sure, Cofty.

This from the man who is busy starting a new religion that is 99.9% JW theology.

In another thread a week ago you made the same false blanket statement and i took the effort to counter your remarks one by one.

Not only your statement about the quantity of 'JW theology' isn't an innocent innacurate remark - it's an attempt to bind my beliefs to the Watchtower, with an implication that I'm a WT apologist, which, as you well know, is very disliked around here; then you state that I'm 'busy' starting a 'new religion' - when it's perfectly stated in the website's mission statement that 'this is a bible study group that cannot offer religious services and doesn't require interested ones to leave their current churches in order to participate'. And then you attribute that specifically to "the man who...". If this isn't an ad hominem attack, then please enlighten me of what is one.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

Do you realise that " this is a bible study group that cannot offer religious services and doesn't require interested ones to leave their current churches in order to participate " is a precise mirror-image of Charles T. Russell's method?

Discussing your new "fraternity" is off-topic. I'm more than happy to discuss it by PM or on a new thread if you wish.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Well, I have no "method", sorry to say. I just publish the result of what I research. I've extended invitations for external collaborations already, even with people that I know who don't always agree with me, but whose research I have respect for. I wasn't the one who brought my website into this discussion to start with, remember?

I really don't want to turn this into a personal argueing made in public either, so i stop here, Cofty.

Eden

• still thinking
    still thinking

For example, why did you resort to an ad hominem attack on me and my website when I posted a comment on this thread regarding how some former JWs turned atheists still carry some traits from JW's?...Eden

Are you not doing exactly what you are accusing others of by doing that? Aren't you now telling some atheists, that as people they are carrying certain 'traits' rather that looking at what they are saying? It would appear to me that cofty linking your website and showing that what you are teaching is similar to what the JWs teach was in RESPONSE to your claim that some atheists behave like JW's. Not the other way round.

I think he was leveling the playing field of ad hominem. Neither were addressing the correctness or incorrectness of the belief. Both were simply making a comparison to JW beliefs or behaviour. As though that alone dismissed what either person was saying.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Still thinking,

I made that remark based on FlyingHighNow's post on page 1 of this thread, that read in part:

2. Witnesses can lack manners and tact when expressing their beliefs. They can speak to others of differing beliefs as if the others are idiots. When some of them leave, they carry that kind of approach with them.

Then slimboy and Cofty went into an exchange of words regarding the paths taken after leaving JW's. Then I make my comment regarding FHN's post, which I believed illustrated the point as observed in the previous exchange of words. I didn't point my finger at any individual in particular, which is what ad hominem attack would be. Cofty took it personally, but for example Cantleave, another participant on this thread who chose atheism, didn't.

Eden

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I used to be irritated by atheists... I think that was mainly because they made me look like an idiot in debates.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Maybe it was in response to FHNs post too EdenOne...FHN often tells people they behave like JW's. Sometimes that seems like such a superior attitude to me. Like saying...I am so much more emotionally evolved than those people that still behave like JW's...LOL Sometimes I don't think people see the arrogance in their own statements...probably me included...LOL

Especially those people who like to point out how they 'used' to behave like YOU...or think like YOU....but they are so much more evolved than that now. ***pats self on back...gives self a big fat medal for being so superior to those people THEY think are 'behaving like a JW'***

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit