You atheist really annoyed me

by confusedandalone 226 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    someone can be an atheist without attacking the beliefs of theists

Superstition should always be challenged. Its up to you as a theist to defend your extraordinary assertions of supernatural knowledge.

Don't get all huffy when you are asked difficult questions.

there are those atheists who actively promote the notion that theists are idiots and ignorants

That is why I always attack ideas not people. Theists often take attacks on their cherished beliefs personally.

• Simon
    Simon

I believe things should be challenged but at a certain point it becomes harrassment, especially when people try to continue things on unrelated topics. Thats where people cross a line (plus insulting redicule).

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I learned in Law that the burden of evidence is on the side of the accusation, not on the side of the defense. If science admits that the existence of God cannot be disproved, why should theists be sweating to prove atheists wrong?

If you attack ideas rather than people, then why does it often sound like you're attacking the bearer of the ideas? For example, why did you resort to an ad hominem attack on me and my website when I posted a comment on this thread regarding how some former JWs turned atheists still carry some traits from JW's?

Eden

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I only read the opening post.

If I annoyed you, I am sorry. If I contributed to you thinking more on this matter, you are welcome.

• cofty
    cofty
    If science admits that the existence of God cannot be disproved, why should theists be sweating to prove atheists wrong?

Science does make many of the beliefs of most christians impossible.

There was no creation, no fall from perfection therefore no need of redemption.

If you wish to believe in god you need to take account of reality.

If you wish to preach theism as opposed to deism then reason has a lot of questions for you.

Moaning about the style of the people who ask you those questions doesn't help your case.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.

why did you resort to an ad hominem attack on me

Show me this ad hominem attack please.

• Simon
    Simon

I think burnen of proof is on the ones making the claim of sonething.

Religion relies on the impossibility of proving a negative. All of them.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You forget to mention an important detail:

There was no creation [in the young earth sense] ..... you fail to mention that there are other views about the subject among theists. Blanket statement again.

Eden

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

onthewayout it was a combo of both rofl.

I actually thank you. The annoying and frustrating stuff really made me think more so it was all for the betterment of my thinking.

is betterment a word lol

• cofty
    cofty

Show me this ad hominem attack please.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Mind and Cosmos: Why the Materialist Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature Is Almost Certainly False.....by Thomas Nagel

Thanks slimboyfat...I've just ordered that book from the library, that article was interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit