You atheist really annoyed me

by confusedandalone 226 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

JWs are rationalists par excellence of a materialist bent. (Check out their resurrection doctrine for example) Ex-JW evotees of materialism probably don't really appreciate just how little they've travelled.

• cofty
    cofty

Eden - How does "gutsy radical" atheism differ from moderate atheism?

SBF - What is an evotee of materialism?

There is nothing rational about belief in a resurrection.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cofty

A "moderate atheist" will state that the scientific method must presume by default that reality can be explained by objective, natural causes, therefore choosing to discard supernatural causes; in this view, the existence of God cannot be proved nor disproved, and by extension, he will at least respect the views of those who are convinced of the existence of God, at least to the point of being able to establish a civilized and even fruitful discussion with theists. A "gutsy radical atheist" - dare I say atheistic fundamentalist - will say that obviously God doesn't exist, and all believers are delusional ignorants not even worthy of being considered elegible for constructive dialog or debate.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

Since I have pages and pages of posts of constructive dialogue and debate with theists I must be one of your moderates.

I think you confuse radical with well-informed.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

No, I'm not the least confused about that, Cofty. If you feel you have a constructive debate with theists, then you're a moderate atheist in my perspective. At least you debate. But you don't always do that, to be true.

Eden

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Um that would be an iPad autocorrect when trying to type devotee.

Or maybe a failure to autocorrect...

• garyneal
    garyneal

This from the man who is busy starting a new religion that is 99.9% JW theology.

Let the reader decide...

Whose website it this?

Oh Eden?

• cofty
    cofty

Atheism is a lack of belief in a god.

How can you moderately or radically not believe in god?

Garyneal - It's Eden One's new group/religion/fraternity/association....

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

garyneal,

Whose website it this?

I'm that website's editor. www.cfjp.weebly.com

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cofty,

Just as someone can be a Christian without attacking other people's beliefs or lack thereof, someone can be an atheist without attacking the beliefs of theists. i actually know many atheists that don't bother to try to persuade others of the reasons why they choose to not believe in God.

Then there are the atheists who actively attempt to proselytize others into thinking that God cannot exist. This is just as legitimate as a theist trying to persuade other that his belief makes more sense than other beliefs.

But then there are those atheists who actively promote the notion that theists are idiots and ignorants for believing in something that they consider to be a fabrication. They actually go out of their way to actively insult the believers.

Yes, there are different levels of activism among the atheists.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit