You atheist really annoyed me

by confusedandalone 226 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

And slimboy if you ever have proof in god or the lack thereof please let me know

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

cofty is it just me or the debate is over on this thread?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am pretty skeptical about definitive knowledge claims on those sorts of subjects. There is simply too much we don't and possibly can't know. I sometimes think expecting humans to understand such high order concepts, never mind get them "right", is a bit like expecting a worm to produce a map of Europe.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I grew up believing that very thing. I am still there on definate knowlege issues. You must understand all a scientists does is ask questions!

• cofty
    cofty

Truth seeker - Seraphim draggged the thread way off topic.

In the beginning confusedandalone was telling us how they used to be annoyed by atheists on the forum but how in fact they have been helped by them.

Then it turned into a whinge by an array of theists about how atheists should be nicer to them - and ironically they launched some nasty personal attacks in the process.

Then Eden and Seraphim took it off onto a tangent about science because they want to beleive that theism is just as rational as atheism.

Then SBF insisted as usual that its all pointless because nobody can ever know anything at all (the earth may indeed be flat) and all claims of knowledge are arrogant - but apparently the claim that nothing can be known is exempt from this universal rule.

Did I miss anything?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Truth seeker 674 I don’t know?

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Still cofty I had an impact I think?

• cofty
    cofty

You did, thank you!

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Time for a new thread

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What I don't agree with is to insist that the stories you personally find compelling are the only ones that should be taken seriously.

Relativism may ultimately be self-contradictory, but so what? Why must one be consistent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit