The Outing of Faders, and the Epilogue of Sic Semper Tyrannis

by zed is dead 298 Replies latest members private

• besty
    besty
    I’m curious about his or her purpose regarding things Watchtower, Jehovah’s Witnesses and/or ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, or whatever compels him/her.

Marvin, this is the Internet. You shouldn't expect to get to know a username like you might know a real person, unless they choose to befriend you.

Otherwise its fleeting glimpses through a transient fog, and your mileage may vary. (YMMV)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Unless you have done a 'body of work' about the wt, you carry no wieght w marvin. Until you have done that, just shutup and answer marvins questions, when he asks;)

S

• Simon
    Simon

What happened is sad and disappointing. It was all so easily avoidable. Outing another fading JW to the elders and their family is the worst crime possible in this community.

It seems to me that there are simply too many people that have become far too pre-occupied with their own vendetta against the WTS and getting revenge for the hurt caused to them that they forget to put the safety and well-being of other people first and foremost. I've experienced it myself - stand up to certain people and they try and ruin you, harrass you, post libellous and viscious lies all over the internet. It's like you take the place of the WTS for them and become their enemy and a justifiable target.

To make a mistake is forgivable. To stubbornly refuse to fix a mistake after it's been pointed out is not. To repeat the same mistakes, add a few more and basically tell people who try to help or offer advice to "f-off" is downright low. Even now we know of ongoing risks due to AAWA practices and no safeguards or procedures put in place to prevent harm.

I would not have anything to do with AAWA because I do not have trust in the integrity or the capabilities of the people involved. It seems so simple when you start a group - accept support from anyone because after all "my enemies enemy is my friend" ... right?

Wrong.

There are certain people that you should simply refuse to have anything to do with if you want a group to succeed and to prosper. The fact that there appears to be no barrier to entry other than a willingness to sign up is worrying. That reigns and responsibility is handed to people who have shown callous disregard of other is comtemptible.

Now Cedars, you again bring up a post that was deleted as you point out so what is your problem? If it's such a bad thing why are you posting it again? What's more, why did you decide to keep it all this time? Do you have a dossier on everyone who you consider has crossed you detailing all the things they've ever said?

Learn a lesson: apologise, mean it, dont' try to excuse a mistake, don't try to attack the person in return !

• Simon
    Simon

Marvin:

While you may care about the "body of work" someone has produced as a way to judge people many of us do place as much value on it. While we respect people's work and value their contributions, there isn't any scale of justice that mean that good works negate bad ones such as shabby treatment of others. Any body of work simply means you had the time, energy, ability and inclination to produce it and the work should be the reward.

I prefer to view everyone as equal and that they should be allowed to take part in the community as much or as little as they want to without fear of any retribution or harrassment. We've had in the past some 'well respected' people who wrote great essays who thought that meant they could insult and demean "newbies" who has no "standing". I do not agree with that viewpoint.

Everyone deserves respect and if we mess up we should apologise. An apology goes a long way to ending hostilities and allowing people to move on instead of keeping resurrecting and rehashing things.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I don’t like to react or assess anything based on feelings. That said, feelings tell me my inquiry in this discussion has caused offense and/or angst. That’s not my intention.

Zed just happens to be a participant that’s hard for me to understand. My request of where or whether he has a body of work was for no other purpose than to gain a better understanding of the man/woman.

OnTheWayOut: I don’t understand why you’ve responded as you have to me.

Besty: Insofar as I can tell, users of usernames are real people, and real people can be understood given sufficient exposure to whatever work they’ve done. That said, I don’t expect to get to know online personalities like I get to know persons in other social spheres.

Simon: I don’t understand your response to me. I neither believe nor suggest good work somehow negates bad work, such as shabby treatment of others. In my case, I treat people based solely on my own moral and ethical standards, and according to their own actions/work. The newness of a participant here means nothing except that they are new here. I think we all should behave respectfully. But I don’t think everyone deserves respect. Respect is something we earn. Acting respectfully is something we do.

Marvin Shilmer

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OnTheWayOut: I don’t understand why you’ve responded as you have to me.

That's because you haven't read my body of work. (I will tell you, but only after you read.)

You betray yourself with this statement: I treat people based solely on my own moral and ethical standards, and according to their own actions/work.

I hope you read my works soon and that I am treated well by you according to what you read.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

OnTheWayOut,

I didn’t say I don’t understand you. I said I don’t understand why you’ve responded as you have to me.

I still don’t understand why you’ve respond as you have to me.

I see no betrayal found in my words you cite. I treat people as I find them, and according to my own moral and ethical standards. So far as I’m concerned that’s how everyone should respond to individuals. If there’s something about an individual I don’t understand then I try to understand by asking questions and/or reviewing whatever work they’ve done that’s reviewable.

Marvin Shilmer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Marvin's brain cells run in series, not parallel; definitely not quantum. Therefore, information must be presented to him w one and only one point at a time. Otherwise, his series wired brain simply cannot compute your inputs.

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

Judging people by a body of work??? What sort of ego must you have Marvin? I for one couldn't give a toss about people's "body of work". I don't give credit for verbose ramblings on internet forums or personal web sites and doubt if many other's here do so either.

Cedars work, your work are of interest to some and I am sure others have been helped by this. However, some may see these works as trite ramblings about an insignificant cult. To judge those who blog and write as more important than those tha don't is the highest level of arrogance.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I don't give credit for verbose ramblings on internet forums or personal web sites and doubt if many other's here do so either.”

cantleave,

Who’s talking about giving credit?

“To judge those who blog and write as more important than those that don't is the highest level of arrogance.”

Who’s talking about judging those who blog and write as more important than those that don't?

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit