The Outing of Faders, and the Epilogue of Sic Semper Tyrannis

by zed is dead 298 Replies latest members private

• Simon
    Simon

Its simple:

People who had access to the account and didnt act - are responsible.

People who had authority to tell the 1st people to act - are responsible.

The problem with AAWA which still exists is that people don't know who has control of and access to personal information collected and there seem to be no controls over how that information is used or who it's shared with or even why they need it in the first place. Why are they collecting so much? All it does it put people at risk.

It's just been lies all along and some of the people have already shown they are willing to be underhand and vindictive when it suits them.

• still thinking
    still thinking

A horse isn't dead when people are STILL being injured by it. They may like this situation to be dead and buried. And it is easy for them to bury it and forget their mistakes. In the meantime other people are LIVING with the consequences of THEIR actions.

Sometimes sorry just isn't enough. And sometimes those responsible just have to accept the fallout of their actions without justifying. Suck it up Cedars. And stop trying to get more information off people. I really don't trust you at all. I have no reason to. And I am sorry that anyone ever took part in your surveys. I can't help the feeling that that is going to bite people in the ass too. Because YOU just don't give a crap. You have shown this to be the case. I agree with Unconfused.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't know whether it is Cedars 'fault' or not but I agree re: the dead horse comments - this is someones life after all. Unless we should all quit complainin' 'bout the WTS too ...

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

I think the remark "these are real people, jerk" sums it up quite well.

hows about, in a show of solidarity, you "out" yourself? Or is that a little too real....? Such a sorry excuse for human. Willing to see someone's life ruined in a way you have fought to protect in yourself. The fader who outs faders and then says "oh well too bad. I said sorry! Isnt that enough??"

jerk indeed.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“What I think is annoying people is not having answers.”

Simon: Failure to answer relevant questions is not only annoying, it’s very telling of those who make assertions when they fail to answer those questions. If we're unwilling to answer for things we say/do then something’s awry.

“The thing that I am wondering is how many others are like Sic, and were similarly ‘inconvenienced?’”

Zed: I’ve been outed on multiple occasion. It’s happened here, and it’s happened elsewhere. I’ve suffered as a result, and so has family and friends. What I don’t do is keep raising the subject of who was/is responsible. It makes things worse because it adds to the information trail for misguided Watchtower hounds who’re looking for coup.

I don’t doubt that you are a fine person. But I don’t understand you. Maybe one day we’ll have an interactive discussion.

Marvin Shilmer

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

We all know that Cedars was a bit of a plonker when it came to the hoo-hah surrounding AAWA. And he's probably got a few control issues to resolve. He is, after all, a comparative newbie in the ex-JW world, and like many newbies, (God, aren't some of them a pain in the ass) desperately wants to take down the Brooklyn Empire.

That being said, how much longer does he have to go around apologising? I doubt if he really feels that he's done anything so very terrible and is probably just making the right noises and wishing that these tiresome people who keep on and on would just STFU.

I recall some years ago a Jewish TV rabbi being interrogated for the umpteenth time on the death of Jesus, exploding in exasperation, "OK, yes, we did kill him!"

Let the guy go. He fucked up big time. He probably knows it, even if his apologies are somewhat superficial.

Or maybe he should just say, "OK, I did it, now fuck off, I really don't give a shit anymore!"

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Tim you missed the entire point.

• Stealth
    Stealth

"hows about, in a show of solidarity, you "out" yourself?"

I second the motion for Cedars to out himself. Your real name and last congregation will do.

Had that group add to FB exposed yourself as it did others, one does wonder how quick the decision would have been made to shut it down? If you don't agree then it should not be a problem to out yourself. You might regain some level of credibility and respect if you did.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Had that group add to FB exposed yourself as it did others, one does wonder how quick the decision would have been made to shut it down?”

I have a question, and my question is to better understand something; not to inflame anything.

Long after the fact I found out my bona fide Facebook presence was added to Facebook groups without my permission. By bona fide I’m talking about my Facebook account under my real name. I noticed this under a sidebar header called Groups. Some of these groups are what Watchtower would consider “apostate.” When I noticed this I wondered if this is the sort of activity complained of in this discussion that occurred under Cedars’ watch. Does it sound like the same sort of thing?

Marvin Shilmer

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

It didn't happen to me, but yes that is the basic jist of what happened. Some people were then seen to be in the "apostate" group before they even knew or could remove themselves.

For instance I wonder how funny it would be if all the members of Cedars group found themselves force added to NAMBLA ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit