The Outing of Faders, and the Epilogue of Sic Semper Tyrannis

by zed is dead 298 Replies latest members private

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It is amazing that Cedars can recall a post I made and was removed, but cannot for the life of him remember an email exchange with Sic Semper Tyrannis. The "I don't recall" defense is also a tried and true fallback for Presidents that screw up.

At least I have a cooler head now. It seems that you are mad for being called on the consequenses of your own inaction.

As for apologies, I know one rule that applies universally: If there is a "but" in an apology, it is a butt that is giving it.

zed

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“It is amazing that Cedars can recall a post I made and was removed, but cannot for the life of him remember an email exchange with Sic Semper Tyrannis.”

Option 1: Cedars has a memory of one thing that happened but not of another thing that happened.

Option 2: Cedars recalls one and is lying about the other.

Option 3: Cedars recalls one because it happened and doesn’t recall the other because it didn’t happen.

Are there other options?

zed is dead,

May I ask what is your purpose? For good or bad, Cedars has a body of work I can review to learn what he’s about. What are you about? Is there some body of work I can review to understand you and what you are about?

Marvin Shilmer

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Marvin, read Zed's opening post again. He clearly defines his purpose in posting. We support each other and sympathize with each other. We warn each other and encourage each other.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Option 4: Marvin is still a shill.

Read the OP. If I cared for your opinion, I would ask.

zed

• cedars
    cedars

zed

You've now had over 24 hours since making the OP, and still no date for when this email exchange took place.

If you are truly acting as an advocate for SST, then surely the date would be a relatively straightforward piece of information to come up with - obtainable through one simple email or phonecall.

Many emails were exchanged over that period, which is why it is difficult for me to say with certainty whether I received an email from SST or not. My recollection is that I personally did not receive a single email from any JWN posters who were outed. I have even done a search of my outbox under the word "investigate" (a word it is said I used) and found nothing. Still I am willing to accept the possibility that I did email SST if only I can double-check for myself what is said to have happened. I fail to understand why it is unreasonable to do this before making an apology to SST.

As for apologies, I know one rule that applies universally: If there is a "but" in an apology, it is a butt that is giving it.

This is where you and I seem to be at a divergence.

You see me as being personally and directly responsible for the facebook outing, hence the ad hominems and insults.

I have fully apologized repeatedly and accepted responsibility as president of AAWA when it happened, but I cannot accept personal and direct responsibility for each individual outing since I had no involvement in the facebook aspect of AAWA's launch.

My main pre-occupations in the weeks leading to the launch were (1) AAWA's mission statement, (2) AAWA's website and (3) the promotional video I produced on its launch, which took me ages to put together. Facebook was not even raised in discussion until the launch day on April 3rd when we briefly discussed spreading the word about AAWA on the various facebook groups. I had no idea this "spreading the word" would mutate into people setting up a new group and force adding people to it, neither would I have approved of such a thing if the option had been put in front of me.

Three weeks later, once we could see plainly that the group wasn't as secure as we had been told it was, I and other board members pushed for it to be closed down no matter how many "members" this would involve losing. This should have been done sooner, for which I have apologized repeatedly, but I cannot go back and change things. Even so, I am being held personally liable by you for everything that happened on April 3rd and the weeks that followed.

Cedars

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't think I've commented on any of the BBXB threads at all.

But seriously... Asking for specific dates and not remembering a conversation as sensitive as someone being outed? Seriously?

Someone needs dates? I can't believe that is necessary. A search of your email with key words should give you some good hits.

Or... a search of JWN for the threads that talk about the debacle... Start with this date: April 18th. That's the date that SST posted that he was outed the day prior and had been disinvited from a family wedding. As best as I - a non-participant in the exchange - can ascertain, the communication occured between April 18th and April 24th.

I base that date-range on threads found on JWN discussing the situation. For ease-of-reference, here are links to two of the threads:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/250655/1/I-have-just-been-disinvited-to-my-brothers-wedding-Thanks-AAWA

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/adult/250922/1/An-open-response-to-Cedars-PM-yesterday

That should help you narrow your search.

-Aude.

• besty
    besty

Julia Barrick Douglas J Mason Emerson and Jo Buel Jensen acted extremely recklessly and with breathtaking stupidity. I wish these fuckwits were in the UK and I could tell them in person what I think of them. They are notable on JWN by their absence. Tells me everything I need to know about them as individuals.

Cedars - it's the 3 week delay in taking action that was the secondary problem - basic crisis management tells you step 1 is to stop the problem getting worse.

<EDIT - As President you should have ordered that Facebook Group to be deleted immediately, or done a 'Barb' and resigned on the spot.>

SST - so sorry you were caught in the crossfire of this monumental fuckup - social networks and cult exit helpgroups are a foolish cocktail. We are also cut of from family via the Watchtower disfellowship and shun policy.

• cedars
    cedars

AudeSapere

Start with this date: April 18th. That's the date that SST posted that he was outed the day prior and had been disinvited from a family wedding. As best as I - a non-participant in the exchange - can ascertain, the communication occured between April 18th and April 24th.

I've just scrolled through all 93 emails that I sent from my Cedars account between April 18th and April 24th. Not a single one of them was sent to SST or anyone claiming to be him.

besty

As President you should have ordered that Facebook Group to be deleted immediately, or done a 'Barb' and resigned on the spot.

Yes, for that I apologize.

Cedars

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Seems that the internet helps you get out but it also gets you found out these days.

Now back in the day, I was rumbled for loving my neighbour and a JC was quickly formed. I was booted at age 17, so fortunately was young enough to build a new life for myself.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Seriously Cedars, we all recall the awful way you deflected and your apologies now are hollow. You refused over and over to remove the FB group at the peril of real live people. So f-off and get out of here is what I think you should do.

And f-off asking for more details and dates about this email exchange. Just go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit