The Outing of Faders, and the Epilogue of Sic Semper Tyrannis

by zed is dead 298 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As I read this second page, I saw that nothing further needs to be said. It has been covered well.

Good day.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• So how does someone show that they are really sorry for the way they handled events?
    • What would you need to forgive...not saying u would forget what happened, but what will suffice?
    • How about tar and feather?

SW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So how does someone show that they are really sorry for the way they handled events?

The initial apology was loaded with extra words to say "I was not responsible." Even now, "As president, I was responsible, but c'mon people- I was not responsible." (To be fair, this is the actual quote: I have fully apologized repeatedly and accepted responsibility as president of AAWA when it happened, but I cannot accept personal and direct responsibility for each individual outing since I had no involvement in the facebook aspect of AAWA's launch.)

If people can easily see that you were responsible, and you want to stand on passing the buck, then you are not really sorry for the way YOU handled events.

• cofty
    cofty

So Unconfused wants to DF Cedars. Who do you think you are?

It happened, it can't be undone. Cedars has accepted blame for his part in the debacle an apologised. Besty's judgement is fair.

The safest way to make no mistakes is to do nothing. Cedars was doing some excellent work with JWSurvey before he got involved with AA-whatever and is busy doing that again.

Surely it's time to say that no more can be said and move on.

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

Cedars did some wrong, yes a great deal of hurt to some people! But, I'd be frank, I can bet my life if I can't feel a vendatta here!! Cedars, please stop asking for an email(s), I think there is none. My people would say, "Here comes the man we want to roast and he's arrives with a can of petrol, so if the theft charge doesn't hold, someone please light a match and we'd all testify its an accident!". SST could have easily denied the charge and deny knowledge of joining any Facebook group and must have been added without his knowledge, which would have been the truth. Why it never occur to him that way, I don't know.

Cedars was as stiffed-neck as the biblical Pharoah during the whole brouhaha and he made some insulting comments too, and I was also made at him and struck my word-darts too, but it seemed he improved better than some of us here! Let's just let go, he ain't the problem here, let's not transfer aggression but channel it to those who made been outted a scary ordeal in the first place- Watchtower!

That's my honest opinion.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin, read Zed's opening post again. He clearly defines his purpose in posting. We support each other and sympathize with each other. We warn each other and encourage each other.”

OnTheWayOut,

I read Zed’s opening post. I understand the hurt of being outed. I understand desire to take up for oneself and others. That’s not what my question was asking about.

My wonder is of the man (or woman) behind the original post. I’m not curious about identity. I’m curious about his or her purpose regarding things Watchtower, Jehovah’s Witnesses and/or ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, or whatever compels him/her.

Bad things are said of Cedars that go contrary to the man I’ve come to know. Mostly I’ve come to know Cedars through his work, including the debacle regarding Facebook.

I was just wondering where or whether Zed had some body of work for me to understand him/her better.

Marvin Shilmer

• Oubliette
  • Oubliette
  • Oubliette
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I’m curious about his or her purpose regarding things Watchtower, Jehovah’s Witnesses and/or ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, or whatever compels him/her.

I was just wondering where or whether Zed had some body of work for me to understand him/her better.

Not everybody has a body of work concerning JW's. Most people here on JWN do not have such a body of work.

Some of us do. I suppose if you must see a person's body of work regarding things Watchtower, Jehovah’s Witnesses and/or ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, you can read all their threads and comments at this forum.

Since I have engaged you, I guess I must now provide you with my body of work regarding things Watchtower, Jehovah’s Witnesses and/or ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses. If you want to spring the few dollars, here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Fade-Truth-Unlearning-Witnesses-ebook/dp/B007XAMTCW/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374355439&sr=1-2&keywords=fade+from+the+truth

or you can get the print version for a wee bit more at: http://www.amazon.com/Fade-Truth-Learning-Unlearning-Witnesses/dp/147523001X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374355488&sr=1-1&keywords=fade+from+the+truth

But honestly, the opening post is typically sufficient or a little backreading on most people here on JWN. But you should read everything anyone ever posted before commenting.

After you read my body of work, I will be glad to talk more with you. Feel free to skip my thousands of posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit