Gerrit Loesch was at our DC today!

by goatshapeddemon 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I got my degree because I knew I wouldn't get interesting, respectably paying and stable work without it. I wonder why Gerrit didn't mention those reasons? I actually surveyed one of my tute groups as to why they came to uni. Being rich, famous, better than others, or to save the world were not mentioned at all. People replied that they go to do something they like, get a stable job to support themselves and/or their kids, or to change from what they've been doing, or one guy said, "to goof off."

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Number 4 falsehood was "higher education has nothing wrong with it because it is a conscience matter". He gave three reasons it is demon-inspired:

1) Studies show that most kids go to college to receive higher paying jobs. No shit, really?

2) college education makes you look down on people, knowledge puffs up. Except for the people who learned the truth after college, they're ok because they learn true humility in the org. Seriously, he said that.

3) college education tends to encourage people to rely on and try to "save" this system, making the end seem further away than it is. Really? They've been teaching this hogwash for 120 years. I'm sorry, it's time for a stream-of-time reality check.

I have carried a copy in my bookbag of the Awake articles in the early 1990's about education under the full page heading, "What is the Bible's Viewpoint" and it basically said it was conscience matter, consider the pros and cons. I thought that Jehovah doesn't change, so why was the "Bible's Viewpoint" change, 20 years ago it was ok, but today it is a demon expression?

The new stance (early 1990's) on education made me think at that time the organization was finally seeing the light and "Jehovah" was working with these old GB out of touch ignorant leaders. So much for that thought!. I still have the articles readily available although I haven't went to a meeting in 4 years. I feel sorry for the young ones in the congregation today, they will be so mixed up with who to believe: their religious leaders or their school councilors. No wonder the young are depressed or leave.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Footnote on Awake 8/22/1994 Whaaaaaaa happened?

Supplementary Education

The Watchtower of November 1, 1992, noted concerning Jehovah’s Witnesses and the full-time ministry: “The general trend in many lands is that the level of schooling required to earn decent wages is now higher than it was a few years ago. . . . It is difficult to find jobs with decent wages after completing simply the minimum schooling required by law . . .

“What is meant by ‘decent wages’? . . . Their wages might be termed ‘adequate,’ or ‘satisfactory,’ if what they earn allows them to live decently while leaving them sufficient time and strength to accomplish their Christian ministry.”

So The Watchtower said: “No hard-and-fast rules should be made either for or against extra education.”

• cedars
    cedars

This talk wasn't recorded by any chance was it? If anyone has a recording, please PM me. I may have a use for it!!

Cedars

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, give it to Cedars! He'll get the word out there.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Very interesting - you'd have thought some time considering the victims of abuse might be appropriate.Jeesh

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Mercedes_29: I couldnt agree more.

The same ol same ol watchtower crap.

Like the energizer bunny...It keeps going and going and going and going....

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can't believe they allow Loesch to give talks at all.

Having a sexual attraction to children and acting on it are two very different things.

FWIW I treated some and I don't believe they can be successfully treated. They lack a conscience and enjoy dominating, harming and torturing. They have the most convoluted excuses and if you think you've reasoned with them, they're just telling you what you want to hear to get what they want from you.

I don't believe pedophilia exists without co-occurring Antisocial Personality Disorder, which also is incurable.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

What the hell.

Why would he say that "once a child molester always a child molester" is a demon inspired expression?!?

That is just freaking nuts.

Of all the evil things that are said and done in this world, not showing pedophiles proper forgiveness is one of the Satanic attitudes we need warn peolpe to be aware of. Okkaaaaay...... The food at Jehovahs table is starting to smell real rotten.

• cedars
    cedars

rebel8

I can't believe they allow Loesch to give talks at all.

Indeed.

It's in the Governing Body's interests NEVER to speak extemporaneously in public (i.e. without an agreed manuscript), because their words can so easily come back to haunt them - especially in the age of YouTube. However, they will all continue to do it because they love soaking up the applause and adoration. I think that's the reason why they announced the "new light" at the Annual Meeting rather than let the news be released simultaneously in the Watchtower. Why announce something like that in writing when you can deliver the news in person to resounding acclaim?

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit