Gerrit Loesch was at our DC today!

by goatshapeddemon 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

'college education tends to encourage people to rely on and try to "save" this system,'

Trying to save the system is bad. That is the reason that jws aren't supposed to do any charity work, help the poor, drug addicted, homeless, feed the hungry.

S

• dazed but not confused
  • goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

I will do my best. They used a really old MP3 player and we had a problem getting it to playback, but I can understand how important this is to everyone.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

I'm sure it's not the oonly talk he'll give either at the convention. I'm promise we'll listen with rapt attention unlike the other parts. Hubby and I went with my in-laws to show support. They're on their way out, but they're trying to build up ammo once it all hits the fan with their other kids. We went to a place where no one would any of us... Just lucked out with the Gerrit appearance.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

What location was it, maybe I know someone else who was in attendance?

It would be so great to have a soundbyte like that out there

• Mum
    Mum

He's ready to defend child molestors, but what about the children they molested? Are they engaging in "demon-isnpired expression" if they have nightmares or find it hard to trust other people?

Higher education, as was explained by a professor in a religion class I took, makes people more sensitive to the suffering of others, makes them more aware of reality and truth. People who go to college might not want to shun their brethren just because they had lunch with someone who is disapproved of by janitors and window washers.

Please understand that I am not putting down janitors and window washers for the work they do. Their work is important. The most important jobs (e.g., cleaning, caring for children and elderly, food service, etc.) are to ones with the lowest pay. The point is that people who do these jobs don't have education in psychology or critical thinking to assess others and their motives.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Soso, i PM'd you. Really small convention compared to the ones I went to as a kid. They closed the whole upper section, which sucks because we had been planning to sit up at the very top and eat, drink, post comments on JW-net, talk, text, nap etc. Instead, we had to look like we were some semblance of paying attention. Though I will admit, I didn't look up a single scripture, checked my work email throughout the day, texted some, and yes, took a small nap until I did the head-nod (which my sweet husband discreetly caught).

Lol, my husband was loudly critical about some things, and this morning on the way into the convention, there was a dude handing out Jesus pamphlets. My husband went over, took a tract, and said very loudly in plain earshot to the JWs around "you're doing a good thing, man!"

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A friend of mine was in Gerrit's congregation in Austria back in the late 70s and swears he was the nicest, most humble brother ever and everyone was so surprised when he made the Gb. Some of the scripture interpretations my friend and Gerrit used to discuss back then are now Jw 'understandings'. If only my friend could believe that his old mate Gerrit has, over the last few decades, become a delusional, pompous twat.

• Zordino
    Zordino

I hate Gerrit Loesch the most out of the 8 dorks of the GB. Anthony Morris da Turd is a close second.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'd love that talk too. Having him say higher education is a conscience matter is a demon inspired expression would actually do it for some of my relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit