What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I remember even discussing the generation dogma and since I didn't agree with the ,"society", they threw me under the bus, guess what? they were wrong . Insisting what they believed was the truth to the bitter end. A prime example how man puts himself between GODS children and GOD . I firmly believe they knew it was wrong but were callously waiting for the generation to die off hoping they would leave all their worldly possesions to the WTBTS.

• blondie
    blondie

Since 1985, this is the "vow" jws say pre-baptism. The holy spirit was removed and replaced with "God's spirit-directed organization." In Matthew Jesus said it would be in the name of the Father, the son and the holy spirit. No mention of an organization.

*** w85 6/1 p. 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication ***

At the close of the convention baptism talk, the baptism candidates will be in position to answer with depth of understanding and heartfelt appreciation two simple questions that serve to confirm that they recognize the implications of following Christ’s example. The first question is:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism.

---------

When I was baptized there was no mention of a "spirit-directed organization." So my dedication did not involve the WTS/GB etc, who proclaim themselves "God's spirit-directed organization." Anyone who has been baptized since 1985 in the WTS process, has not made a dedication as Jesus said.

*** w66 8/1 p. 465 par. 16 Baptism Shows Faith ***

Dedication is a solemn decision made unconditionally and an act of faith. Are you able to answer “Yes” to the two questions regularly propounded when individuals present themselves for Christian baptism?

(1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

(Matthew 28:18, 19) . . .. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

And shockingly, the mention of baptism from then on only says in the name of Jesus.

(Acts 2:38) 38 Peter [said] to them: “Repent, and let each one of YOU be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of YOUR sins, and YOU will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.

(Acts 10:47, 48) 47 “Can anyone forbid water so that these might not be baptized who have received the holy spirit even as we have?” 48 With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to remain for some days.

(

Acts 19:2-6) . . .Why, we have never heard whether there is a holy spirit.” 3 And he said: “In what, then, were YOU baptized?” They said: “In John’s baptism.” 4 Paul said: “John baptized with the baptism [in symbol] of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Shirley, I disagree with that quote.

Jehovah has ALWAYS used certain people or groups to accomplish His purpose.

He started with Abraham, who led to the Hebrews(Jews), who led to the Christians, who led to JW's.

How can all Christian groups be approved by Jehovah when they all teach contradictory doctrine? Jehovah HAD to narrow it down to one.

There is only ONE way. Jehovah's way.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    How can all Christian groups be approved by Jehovah when they all teach contradictory doctrine? Jehovah HAD to narrow it down to one.

----

I asked you to present proof that god chose the WT.

Telling me what you BELIEVE is not proof.

Incidentally, if you want great examples of "contradictory doctrine", just read WT literature. The GB cannot even agree with itself (have you read the 7-15-13 Watchtower yet?)

Jehovah has ALWAYS used certain people or groups to accomplish His purpose.

So, from the first century to when JWs showed up (1931), who was god using? You said he's ALWAYS had a people, so who were they?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Please present proof that god chose the WT/GB as his "arrangement", other than the WT telling you god chose them.

I'm still waiting for a door-knocking JW to come back and provide me with the same answer to a similar query. Maybe AWatcher can eliminate my anxiety and answer the question so we can go on to the next when and if they come back.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Jehovah HAD to do.... WHAT???

Have you read Romans 14????

Are JWs REALLY this arrogant behind the scenes?

• cofty
    cofty
    ... who led to the Christians, who led to JW's

What do you think JWs have in common with early christians ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" He started with Abraham, who led to the Hebrews(Jews), who led to the Christians, who led to JW's " WRONG.

" He started with Abraham, who led to the Hebrews(Jews), who led to the Christians, who led to JW's " RIGHT.

Your statement cannot be verified, therefore it is not a fact. Therefore, according to the WTBTS it is not true, so it cannot be " the truth." You have either no desire, or no ability to stick to one point and take it through to conclusion. The core " deep things of God " that the WTBTS claims to have re-discovered, did not even come from the FDS of the WTBTS. CTR the supposed " John the Baptist " anti-type borrowed from others who were members of Christendom, and made up everything that makes up the foundation of the WTBTS today.

By the way, have you told your BOE that you come here? I am sure that they would understand your little joke with JEHOVAH (tm).

• tec
    tec

Wts is just one more christian group teaching contradictory doctrine, you realize?

There is only ONE way. Jehovah's way.

You have that half right.

There is only one Way. One Truth. One Word. One Image. That is Christ.

Not the GB, not the wts, not any other religion.

Just Christ.

Christ is calling people OUT of her... and that includes the wts. His sheep are hearing Him and following His call. OUT.

Again, it comes back to following Christ (and God through Christ), and not man. But if one does that in the wts... one either leaves, or is kicked out... contrary to what they (the gb/pharisees) teach...but do not DO (or allow others to do)

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

... who led to the Christians, who led to JW's

Actually, that is a pretty telling statement. Perhaps a freudian slip (if I am using that term correctly)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit